Forum: Ballet / Ballet Choreography

Ballet Choreography
Variation Reccomendation
By emdance24 Comments: 116, member since Mon Oct 28, 2013
On Sun Dec 15, 2013 06:21 PM

Hi!
I am an intermediate level dancer looking for a classical variation that would appeal to elderly people. . . it could be adagio or allegro, but I really don't want lots of turns in it. Remember it has to be something that older people would enjoy, so nothing too loud or long. Also I'm only 12 if that rules out anything in terms of portraying a character.

What intermediate adagio or allegro variations would be good for me?

3 Replies to Variation Reccomendation

re: Variation Reccomendation
By hummingbird Comments: 10418, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Dec 16, 2013 07:43 AM
Ballet variations are normally about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes long, they're very short so being too long shouldn't be a problem however most of them end up with turns at the end so that could be an issue. You should easily be able to manage most variations on flat at your level. I would look at some of the fairy variations from Sleeping Beauty, I believe some of those don't have turns in them as well.
By emdance24 Comments: 116, member since Mon Oct 28, 2013
On Mon Dec 16, 2013 04:56 PM
Thank you so much! I will surely look at the Sleeping Beauty fairy variations.
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 457, member since Tue Aug 28, 2012
On Mon Dec 16, 2013 05:30 PM
I recommend this Raymonda variation: www.youtube.com . . .

It's simply, pretty, and I think the music is wonderful. There are a few chaines turns at the end, but if even that's more than you want to do, I don't think it would be too challenging to come up with a nice alternate ending. Maybe a balance in arabesque?

I also think the Coppelia prayer variation would be nice, but it's a bit longer
www.youtube.com . . .

ReplySendWatch