Forum: Irish / Irish

Riverdance Steps/Choreography
By Festivaldancer1
On Mon Dec 16, 2013 03:13 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there is an easy way of learning Riverdance choreography - i.e. somewhere I can find the steps written down?

3 Replies to Riverdance Steps/Choreography

re: Riverdance Steps/Choreography
By RinceorNosretep
On Mon Dec 16, 2013 04:07 PM
Which part of the show were you specifically thinking of? I don't think there's anywhere the steps are actually written unless someone has it on a blog somewhere, but earlier this year they did a tutorial video of a piece of the actual dance titled Riverdance (the one they do in the middle of the show, also the same one they originally did at Eurovision): riverdance.com . . . it's for Riverdance The Gathering, so it's slightly different than in the show and they didn't really break it down (except for the box and drum steps in separate videos) but it's a nice clear view. However your best bet would be to just watch video of the show over and over. ;)
By AnRinceoirRuamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 16, 2013 05:04 PM
Edited by AnRinceoirRua (229350) on 2013-12-16 17:04:57
Edited by AnRinceoirRua (229350) on 2013-12-16 17:05:24
As a matter of fact, Riverdance is working on a step-by-step masterclass in the form of a teacing app for iPad/iPhone. The lessons will break down every step to every dance. Not sure when the release date is, but it's supposedly coming soon. I'm so excited.... Check it out here!
By Festivaldancer1
On Thu Jan 09, 2014 07:00 AM
Thanks guys, that Riverdance: The Gathering page was great, really helpful in learning the Troupe Step, Dance Around and Riverdance Step from Riverdance Reprise! Also cannot wait for that app, sounds unreal!! :)

ReplySendWatch