Forum: Arts / Body Art

Body Art
I totally forgot to show off my new tattoo!! (karma: 1)
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Sat Dec 21, 2013 08:13 AM

So, at this point-- I got this tattoo about two years ago. (I can't believe it's been that long!) But I dropped off the face of planet DDN for a while so I never got to show you all!

It's an illustration from the book, The Little Prince. My grandmother gave me an original English printing of the book when I was really small-- and I've read it cover to cover more times than I can count at this point.

Back story, if you haven't read the book. The Little Prince lives on an asteroid and decides he wants to go see what else is in the universe besides his tiny asteroid. So he ties up a bunch of birds, and flies off to different planets to visit.

I got it done at Spyglass Tattoo in Manchester, NH by Bud. (Not that I'm plugging them... but they were incredible.) I was really nervous about getting it because the picture looks so delicate. But he did such a good job with keeping it true to the illustration. And it only took about an hour and ten minutes-- and about $100.

4 Replies to I totally forgot to show off my new tattoo!!

re: I totally forgot to show off my new tattoo!!
By KaydeeJayde Comments: 190, member since Thu Jul 21, 2011
On Sun Dec 22, 2013 09:18 AM
Oh this is gorgeous! I love it!

I'm looking at getting a Petit Prince tattoo as well at some point. It was the first book I read cover to cover in French, and it's such a profound story for a book that seems so simple, I just love it :D
By misslibby Comments: 299, member since Thu Oct 18, 2007
On Sun Dec 22, 2013 09:45 AM
that's so nice!!
By Alassin_Sanemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 266, member since Tue Dec 28, 2010
On Sun Dec 22, 2013 01:20 PM
That's gorgeous, I love it!
re: I totally forgot to show off my new tattoo!! (karma: 1)
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Mon Dec 23, 2013 06:13 AM
I love looking at all the Little Prince tattoos online. There are so many great illustrations in the book that would translate well to ink.

Thanks for the compliments, ladies.

ReplySendWatch