Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Girls Only
Diva/Moon cup pro's and cons?
By Jodaii Comments: 73, member since Sat Jan 16, 2010
On Wed Dec 25, 2013 02:24 PM

Anyone use a diva cup or moon cup? I do and I'm wondering what other's think of it.

(For those who have never heard of it, it's a silicone menstrual cup, used tampon-style but reusable and biodegradable)

Would you use one? I think they're really important for preventing landfill from disposables!

2 Replies to Diva/Moon cup pro's and cons?

re: Diva/Moon cup pro's and cons?
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Wed Dec 25, 2013 06:53 PM
I use a diva cup. I don't really use it because I love saving the landfills or anything. The reason I use it is because my period varies wildly between heavy and light, so it is hard for me to predict if I will need a regular or some super strength tampon. With the diva cup you can even put it in "dry" so you don't have to worry about pulling out a dry tampon (you know what I mean, right). Some days I was having to change my tampon every 2 hours so I was looking for something that I could have in no matter what and keep it in longer. With that being said, it isn't perfect. I still usually have one very heavy day, and I find on that day that it needs to be emptied every 4 hours. It sucks when I am at work, but I find I can usually get until lunch time and our bathroom is relatively private so I am ok. If I were having to empty it in a public restroom I would be a little wary, although it would be possible and mostly discrete.

I do not foresee myself going back to tampons ever. It really is a cinch to clean. If you find you have to empty it in a public restroom you can easily just wipe it out with some tp and reinsert, or carry one of those wet bags that they sell with a damp cloth. If you are at home you have the luxury of being able to rinse it off and then disinfect it after your cycle is over. I found that it only took a day to sort of figure it out and be comfortable with it without making any kind of mess.
re: Diva/Moon cup pro's and cons?
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Thu Dec 26, 2013 02:45 AM
I LIVE for my Keeper. I forgot it last month and had to buy tampons and I was so mad at myself. What a waste of money!

I would absolutely never switch back to disposable menstrual products. I love my Keeper. It's discreet, cheap, easy to clean (I just rinse it in the shower every morning), and simple to use.

Erin.
::righteous babe::

ReplySendWatch