Forum: Irish / Irish

Dance class uniforms
By RinceorNosretep
On Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:45 AM

My TC wants to find a place to order class uniforms for our dance school, preferably local but anywhere cost-savvy would be great. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of businesses they've had good experience with that are also fairly inexpensive (slight oxymoron, I know). I think she'd like somewhere that provides the clothing along with screen printing our logo on them, it keeps costs down in the long run.

For reference we are an Irish dance school in Utah, USA, but if anyone from other dance styles have any suggestions they are more than welcome. TC is mainly looking for fitted tees, shorts, and skirts to wear in class and probably in casual appearances such as parades.

Thank you so much!

7 Replies to Dance class uniforms

re: Dance class uniforms
By KnotworkMolltPremium member
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 08:19 AM
We get our imprinted items from Ad-Wares in Arvada CO - www.adwares.com
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 08:58 AM
I don't have experience with them, but on www.zazzle.com . . . you can pick what item you want and have your logo printed on it.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 09:14 AM
We've ordered shirts for our Oireachtas teams and the champ class from www.customink.com. They seem to do a pretty good job and I believe they get cheaper the more you order. I would recommend sticking to standard/men's sizes for plain shirts though...the women's run so confusingly large I couldn't give you a good sense of how to size them. The polos were a bit more consistent. They do shorts too but we haven't ordered those yet.
By emeraldk
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 03:20 PM
We use the Embroidery Girl for our school polos, skorts, tshirts, pinnies, etc. She's done sweatshirts for us, dress and shoe bags with our logo on there, blankets, and team jackets. She does pretty much everything!
By RinceorNosretep
On Thu Jan 09, 2014 09:02 AM
Thanks guys, keep them coming! These really help, I'm compiling a list to email to my TC.
By criosamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 05:44 PM
have you looked at any local screenprinting (or whatever) shops as well?

don't forget to factor shipping/delivery into your costs

(I'm not in Utah, so no help on the local front)
By shamrockdancemum
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 06:40 PM
Our school buys t-shirts and shorts from Old Navy, and then takes them to a local screen printing shop. The Old Navy stuff is great as you can usually get the same shirt in both kids and adult sizes, including men's.

Everyone can try them on and then order the exact size they want. No guessing. If you can't get all the sizes in-store, the on-line store usually has them. Shirts range from about $5-7, shorts $4-6. Screen printing is another $3-7 depending on size, and how many colors in the screen print, etc.

Finished product is around $15-$18.

ReplySendWatch