Forum: Adults / Weddings

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Weddings
Because I'm 99% sure all my friends are sick of hearing about it....
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 02:24 AM
Edited by poko (111518) on 2014-01-08 02:25:28 Added something!

MY WEDDING IS IN 2 AND A HALF MONTHS!!!
It honest to god only feels like we got engaged yesterday. How on earth did it come so quick??

Sorry. I needed a place to squeal, be excited without my Facebook friends gojng "Le sigh. We know. "

Anyone else getting married this year? How's the planning going?

We pretty much have everything planned now, paid for etc, except cars. Where I'm getting married, people won't see me arrive so I assured my dad that id be more than happy arriving in my own car, or even a mini bus with all the girls! Haha.

Wee hee!!

29 Replies to Because I'm 99% sure all my friends are sick of hearing about it....

re: Because I'm 99% sure all my friends are sick of hearing about it....
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 03:57 AM
Be happy! Be excited! Squeal as much as you wish! Sorry, not getting married this year, but very happy to be vicariously excited for you!!

C.
By HollieErin Comments: 3422, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 01:21 PM
Aww I know how you feel, getting married is so freakin' exciting (I did it in 2012).
So tell us:

Where are you going on your honeymoon? What are your colours?
What does your dress look like? What is on the menu? Is it a traditional wedding? What kind of flowers?

Spill it!
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 02:20 PM
YES I TOO WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING. Tell us all, plz.

Eeee, I'm so excited for you!!
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 PM
Awh thank you for being so lovely!

Well, I can tell you...

Where are you going on your honeymoon? We are actually not going on one right away! I can't get any time off work, but we're spending the 3 days after up north just relaxing by a pool and going swimming with dolphins! In June/July however we are off on a 3.5 week trip to the US and Thailand!! :)

What are your colours? Think lots of ivory, off-white, pearl, dusty pink, greys, lace etc.

What does your dress look like? I adore my dress. I've never really been a big girly girl, so I actually dreaded dress shopping...plus, I have a pretty distorted image of myself, I tend to think I'm a lot bigger than I actually am. 3 dresses in, I tried on this beautiful ivory and oyster lace fit'n'flare dress, strapless gown and fell in love! It will have a dusty pink sash around my waist with some pearls and matching lace included in there.
What is on the menu? No idea yet! We are actually doing a tasting this evening! But it'll be fairly traditional, alternate menu. Probably a beef and a chicken, with a pasta or lamb entree. I know the dessert is wedding cake (white chocolate with berry) and mini cookies & cream cheesecakes! Yes, I love food!
Is it a traditional wedding? Not overly traditional, but not off-beat either. Not a religious ceremony, but it'll be a very lovey one, with a lot of personal touches. We have a really cool wedding program too, which I'll post photos of after the day!
What kind of flowers? Peonies, Dusty Millar, Roses in pinks, creams. Very English Garden looking.

I am taking suggestions for some creative ideas for the boys button holes!
By Beckymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1375, member since Sun Dec 03, 2006
On Sat Jan 18, 2014 03:51 PM
I'm getting married in October! 8 and a half months to go. We got engaged back in July 2012 so it feels like we have been engaged forever.
By Rinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2059, member since Wed Apr 21, 2004
On Sun Jan 19, 2014 07:43 PM
my wedding is now under 6 months away! Its so shocking how things are coming together. 146 days to be exact based on my wedding website.
We just did our engagement photos today, a little late but it was fun.
On Tue Feb 04, 2014 02:22 AM
It's all so exciting! We have a special surprise planned for our wedding program which was all designed today and looks awesome! Just 60 days to go, exactly! I am partway through my vows and I'm starting to get stuck though. I'm not a words person... Most people know me, I'm quite visual. I like to show my feelings through actions or what not. Get me to do a PowerPoint display and I'll own it. Ask me to talk about it? No chance. Words just don't come out right.

He on the other hand is brilliant with words. Haha. Any tips?
By HollieErin Comments: 3422, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 09:40 AM
Poo, when I had to write my own vows, I sat in front of my computer with a glass of wine, and I started looking through about 2500 old photos of us over the past four years. Memories of such amazing times came flooding back and the words just flowed. Maybe try something like that. My vows were so sentimental and mushy, with a few jokes thrown in. His were simple and he wrote a cute little poem. As long as it comes from the heart, that is all that matters.

YOU ARE GETTING SOOOOOO CLOSE!!!!

How is everything shaping up???
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:27 AM
So happy for you. :D Your gown sounds so lovely. Keep us posted. :)
By Melly2 Comments: 22, member since Sat Dec 14, 2013
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:47 AM
The memories...loving hearing your big day coming together, please keep us updated
On Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:07 AM
So, my MOH and bridesmaids organized a surprise Hens for me! (Surprise as in they planned everything... All I knew about was the date! I didn't even know who was coming, haha). A few brief photos, including gorgeous former DDN-we Tierney! We did a wine tour during the day, then dinner by the beach that night. It was SO relaxing, and so very me. No strippers, no penis straws, no fluff. Relaxing, a lot of laughs, a lot of wine and gorgeous scenery. It was perfect!! 41 days to go until the wedding now! The seating chart is the only thing left to do, along with the wedding program! Hair trial in a fortnight a time, make up trial late next week, and my spray tan trial last week went great! So happy!!
On Sat Mar 15, 2014 01:58 PM
This time in 3 weeks, I'll be someone's wife!
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Sat Mar 15, 2014 06:35 PM
SO excited for you and cannot wait to see pictures of the wedding!! :D
On Fri Mar 28, 2014 06:04 AM
This time in a week I'll be too excited to sleep!
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Fri Mar 28, 2014 06:28 AM
excited for you! Can't wait to see the pictures :)
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:12 PM
I don't have any professional ones, but here are a few snaps taken on y phone!! :)
It was such a beautiful day, I was very lucky to have OzHelen be a part of it too :)
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:24 PM
Yay yay OMG I am so excited for you. I was sick in bed with a killer hangover all day yesterday and so seeing all the pictures make their way onto my newsfeed made an average afternoon just absolutely lovely.

Congratulations.

xoxoxoxo

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:28 PM
I saw your Instagram photos all day today. Everything looked beautiful! I hope it was everything you imagined!
By Josianemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1643, member since Sun Nov 06, 2005
On Sun Apr 06, 2014 09:38 AM
Congratulations! You look gorgeous!
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 06:02 AM
A few more "behind the scenes" images, courtesy of the gorgeous Tierney who was one of my bridesmaids x
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 06:07 AM
Last ones, I promise!
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 07:59 AM
Congratulations, Poko. You look lovely, and I hope you'll both be very happy :)
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 08:54 AM
Congratulations! What a beautiful bride. Wishing you much happiness.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:11 PM
Congratulations Poko, It looked like a dream wedding.

Jon (Chaconne)
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch