Forum: Adults / Work/Employment

Work/Employment
What to wear to Lululemon job interview?
By Ras Comments: 119, member since Sat Jul 10, 2010
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 06:50 PM

Pretty self-explanatory: What do I wear to job interview at Lululemon? Athletic clothes? Formal work attire? I have a couple pieces of Lululemon, but I'm not sure what to pair them with to make a professional outfit that still suits their style. If it helps, the meeting is one-on-one with the assistant manager.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies to What to wear to Lululemon job interview?

re: What to wear to Lululemon job interview?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 07:35 PM
I would wear basic interview attire (slack or skirt with a blouse). What do they wear in the store?
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 07:58 PM
^ They definitely wear Lulu. And I have a friend who worked there who was asked to join in on some sun salutations in his interview. He wore the brand pretty much head-to-toe, thankfully, so he was prepared.

This is one where you definitely want to look like you fit in with their brand. High-end-looking yoga gear, very healthy and fresh-faced with your hair and makeup. You know what their ads look like.
By slice Comments: 1247, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 08:40 PM
^Ditto what Megan said. I didn't even know Lululemon had a brick and mortar store. Definitely try to dress as if you were going to work there already. If you don't own enough of their clothes to make a full outfit, then make sure the other items of clothing you wear don't have logos showing. Ideally wear all Lululemon if you can. Natural makeup, stick to nudes for eyeshadow, brown instead of black eyeliner, brown instead of black mascara (unless you have dark hair, in which case black mascara would be fine); subtle pink cheek and pink gloss for a 'fresh' look. Here's a good example of what I mean makeup wise.

For hair I would go with something cute but not super perfect and kind of effortless looking. Something like a messy fishtail or some sort of top knot.

Sun salutations at an interview, well that's something I've never heard of!
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 09:07 PM
^ Employees get free yoga classes too. We have three or four of the stores in my city and they're pretty desirable retail positions for sure.
re: What to wear to Lululemon job interview? (karma: 1)
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Jan 18, 2014 07:10 AM
Slice: Yes, LuLu has stores. I have been in their Seattle store a few times, and it is nice, but their stuff is just too spendy for me. I can get just as nice stuff (Fila)at Kohls.

Ras: Good luck with the interview. One word of advice. Do have a back up plan if you are thinking about being with Lulumon for quite awhile. Latest news on LuLu is that hey took a big hit in the 4th quarter of last year, earnings are down....a lot, and Wall-Street is downgrading them. There are more than a few articles out there that say they will be history by the end of 2014. In no way trying to burst your happiness to be working for them, but just wanted you to know the other business side of what is happening to their brand.

ReplySendWatch