Forum: General / Travel

Travel
We're in Hawai'i! (karma: 1)
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Thu Jan 16, 2014 04:56 PM

We arrived in Waikiki at 7:30 this morning, and already we've walked on Waikiki Beach, watched the sun rise over Diamond Head, eaten breakfast at Denny's, where we met the most beautiful lady who served us and gave us some 'local' knowledge, walked down Kalakaua Avenue, shopping madly on the way, and two of us managed a swim while the other two did some food shopping.

Whew! And it's a bit hotter and more humid than I had thought, but the 27C is better than the 42C we left in Melbourne!

We have plans to visit the North Shore on Saturday to watch the Eddy someone Invitational, with forecast 30' waves! And we'll go and watch the fireworks along the beach tomorrow night. Other than that, I would like to go to Pearl Harbour and the Dole factory, and I definitely want to do some lolling about on the water.

1 Replies to We're in Hawai'i!

re: We're in Hawai'i!
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6818, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Thu Jan 16, 2014 08:50 PM
Years ago we spent a few weeks at the hotel (time share, owned by a Japanese business group at the time) where Denny's has their restaurant on the ground floor. There was a little shop in the lobby as well. Hawaiian dresses, shirts, flip flops, and grass skirts. I still have two of the dresses. It was only about 200 feet to the beach.

I hope y'all have a wonderful time.

Aloha!

Keep On Dancing*

ReplySendWatch