Forum: Irish / Irish

New Irish Dance Documentary?!?
By sweetpea185
On Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 PM

Of course we've all seen Jig at least 100 times or more, but could there be a new irish dance documentary developing?

Well, not really. Sort of. I was just scrolling through irrelevant pages of YouTube, when I came across "Confessions of an Irish Dancer", by the sweetest girl ever (who has the same name as me!!).

I gave it a click, and I must say, for a little girl (don't know how old, maybe 14?) it is VERY well done!!! Although it is just the first of many episodes, and it's not quite as eventful as Jig (I mean we can't ALL go to Worlds at 10 with an insane rivalry and intense action), I definitely enjoyed it.

My favourite thing is that because it's made by an actual irish dancer, it isn't all dressed up with drama! (*cough* TLC *cough*)

Click here to watch! www.youtube.com . . .

4 Replies to New Irish Dance Documentary?!?

re: New Irish Dance Documentary?!?
By Camryn
On Sun Jan 19, 2014 05:44 PM
I liked it. It was cute. It was very relatable, especially because she's not competing for top in the world... I'll have to watch out for the next one.
By hannicamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 21, 2014 04:13 PM
have you tried TV3's strictly irish dancing? I like it better than jig.
By Camryn
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 07:37 AM
I just watched strictly Irish dancing. I liked it a lot! It definitely showed a lot more than other documentaries about actual Irish dancing--not just the wigs and dresses! They went in depth. It was really good!
By hannicamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:01 PM
glad you enjoyed it. It's my favorite

ReplySendWatch