Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Girls Only PG-13
Breast soreness
By artsy_athlete Comments: 20, member since Sat Oct 27, 2012
On Fri Jan 17, 2014 08:57 AM
Edited by artsy_athlete (254640) on 2014-01-17 08:57:34

Hey ladies!
I was just wondering if any other girls out there have very sore breasts the majority of time. I am almost 22 and newly married. I'm not on any form of birth control (my husband and I use condoms, sorry if that's TMI :S). But I have been finding that my breasts are sore about three weeks out of the four every month.

The week after my period they feel fine, then after that they just become very sore and feel painful till the end of my next period. I don't like my husband touching them because it hurts. I am a small 32C (I can sometimes get away with wearing a 34B) so it's not due to the fact they are very large. They always feel very sore at the end of the day when I take my bra off (my bras have fairly good support).

I was just wondering if this is normal? Iv'e been trying to look online but it seems that breast tenderness is only really common in the 30+ age groups. And I don't really want to bother my doctor with it as it's not a very big deal and I'm a new patient so I am not very comfortable with hime yet (especially because he is male).

Thanks guys! (sorry I wrote so much!)

2 Replies to Breast soreness

re: Breast soreness
By LizDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1140, member since Fri Jan 06, 2006
On Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 AM
How long has this been going on? Is it a new thing, or something you've been having problems with for years?

I'm almost exactly your age & over the past 3 months or so I've been having breast soreness as well, although not 3 out of 4 weeks like you describe. They also don't hurt as much as you say yours do - they're a little tender, but it's not really painful to touch them. I also wear a 32C (after properly measuring and fitting myself, that is. I used to wear a 34A), coincidentally. I've assumed that mine were sore because they're growing. Not a lot, but enough to be noticeable to me and to my boyfriend. I'm also experiencing a new problem with breakouts on my chest, between my boobs, which I assumed were due to the same hormonal changes that are causing my breasts to grow.

Of course, all of this is just my speculation, and I'm not a medical professional or anything. Your breast soreness issue sounds much more severe than mine. Even though you don't want to bother your doctor, if it starts really interfering with your life or lasts for a really long period of time, maybe you should think about it.
re: Breast soreness
By HollieErin Comments: 3422, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 AM
I remember this happening to me, more than once. In my case it was always due to either breast growth, or wearing the wrong size bra. I went to more than one place to get measured, as well as measuring myself and discovered, that I thought I was a 34 (because who doesn't), I'm actually a 32. Wearing the right size bra made the pain go away.

I also took vitamin E, under the advice of my doctor, which helped, but nothing compared to the right bra.

As a woman you can expect breast growth throughout your life, and it is a good idea to get re-fitted every six months or so.

In my early 20s I was a 32B, and by 26 a 32C, now (27) I'm a 32DD (thanks to pregnancy)

ReplySendWatch