divorced parents "splitting" account
By sillyfeet482
On 01/20/2014 14:11:14
We have two cases of it this year- first time they've ever asked us to be involved. In one case, the sisters take one random class and both parents signed up for automatic payments and it has been absolutely not a problem at all. In another case the dancer is in company, and both parents want to write checks. I have watched my receptionist/office manager review their account multiple times per month since this started this year. It's ridiculous, but I feel like I've dug myself into a hole because we already said yes to it. I would leave it alone for this year and then say no next year, but my receptionist is leaving soon� and I can't even keep up with their account, nonetheless ask a newbie to figure it out and keep up with it! What would you do/say? In the future should I make a firm "Absolutely not" rule? Or maybe "Only if both parents sign up for automatic payments" rule? It seemed like such a innocent request at the time� and as I heard my receptionist say yes, I had a bad, bad feeling.
re: divorced parents "splitting" account
By hummingbird
On 01/20/2014 14:49:52
I think you're right, it's OK if it's automatic payments, but their separation is nothing to do with the dance academy, I wonder what their utilities firms would say if they asked to do this? Or car payments? And I don't know a single bank that would accept a mortgage payment like that, normally the payment comes from one account, automatically each payment date.
By Rose
On 01/20/2014 17:30:11
You can change it now, saying, "This clearly isn't working, so we have to change it". Maybe add a list (from your current office manager) with all payments that went wrong to show the necessity to stop this way of paying. Give them 2 new payment options, they may choose 1.
By ShiningStars
On 01/22/2014 13:49:06
We have this issue as well this year and it's absurd to keep track of. We have to make a change as well.
By kaylahpearl
On 01/24/2014 14:19:55
We made the change this year that we are not splitting accounts. The dentist office doesn't why should a dance studio. One main person on account and thats final. If they want to split the bill then they can hash it out
By DancingDivaSC
On 02/02/2014 03:04:10
Our policies say that your registration fee covers one account with one method of payment. If you want to split payments from multiple sources then they will be treated as multiple accounts and additional registration fees will be due. This cut down on our headaches a lot. Our payments are automatic so getting the money wasn't the problem but the extra work my staff was during was rediculous. Not only checking accounts multiple times but also two sets of handouts and two sets of phone calls and two emails all for the price of one account. That's why I switched it. Most people worked it out themselves. We do though have 3 (out of 250 kids) willing to pay the extra rather than talk to their ex which is fine as long as your paying my staff for their extra work.
By DancingDivaSC
On 02/02/2014 03:06:22
Our policies say that your registration fee covers one account with one method of payment. If you want to split payments from multiple sources then they will be treated as multiple accounts and additional registration fees will be due. This cut down on our headaches a lot. Our payments are automatic so getting the money wasn't the problem but the extra work my staff was during was rediculous. Not only checking accounts multiple times but also two sets of handouts and two sets of phone calls and two emails all for the price of one account. That's why I switched it. Most people worked it out themselves. We do though have 3 (out of 250 kids) willing to pay the extra rather than talk to their ex which is fine as long as your paying my staff for their extra work.
By sillyfeet482
On 02/03/2014 08:57:38
Update: My current receptionist figured out their account once and for all and they're evened up. Dad is absolutely unwilling to give us his card number. (I think he thinks we're on mom's side and will overcharge him. Please! Save your drama for your mama. Ridiculous.) I figured out an averaged monthly billing figure to include their remaining recital fee, private lessons and tuition and gave them each a flat amount to write a check for each month. I said, "No matter what changes between now and then, you will write a check for this amount each month and I will audit your account with the rest of the average billing accounts at the end of April." We'll see how this goes. Next year I'm planning on making the rule- automatic payments with average billing or no splitting accounts. And I'm seriously considering the idea to charge two registration fees.

© 2022 - dancer.pro -- 08/11/2022 18:26:25