How do you drink your coffee?
By Krystal
On 01/24/2014 14:25:11
I'm sitting here enjoying a wonderful cup of coffee and it got me thinking how you all drink yours? In the mornings I blend some coconut oil and grassfed butter (sometimes honey too) in it. Makes it frothy and delicious like a latte! For my afternoon cup I just put some homemade vanilla creamer (paleo friendly) in it. Amazing! Also what do you all think is the best brand of coffee? I've been trying different things lately because I got bored of my French Roast Maxwell House kind. Still haven't found something I really enjoy! Currently I've been brewing some kind of Fair Trade coffee I found at Marshall's on clearance and it's pretty good but not perfect yet. :)
re: How do you drink your coffee?
By Megan
On 01/24/2014 14:59:22
I'm a snob when it's available but I'm such a coffee fiend I'll drink anything if I have to. I drink it black if it's just filtered coffee, but I do like lattes or espresso macchiato if there's espresso. Nothing sweet though, unless it's Starbucks and the espresso sucks anyway. At work, I'm stuck with a Keurig. At home, we usually French press our Kicking Horse (popular Canadian brand) or Transcend (local artisan roast) beans. I do have an espresso machine at home but am only rarely bothered to use it. We have a Tassimo too for quick cups in the morning. Basically, I love unadulterated coffee, especially quality stuff, but in a pinch I'll drink it no matter how bad it is.
By Krystal
On 01/24/2014 15:04:56
^That reminds me, I didn't realize how bad Starbuck's espresso is until I started venturing out and trying other places. I can't describe the taste really. It's just not good. I found a cute little hole-in-the-wall coffee shop here and their espresso is amazing. Very smooth and rich compared to Starbucks. Forgot to mention I do go for an Americano every once in a while but I have to add cream to it. I can't drink it without it just yet. I'm jealous of all of you who can drink black coffee/espresso! I've tried and just can't. I keep trying though!
By Anon1234567890
On 01/24/2014 15:35:58
I like to brew my coffee, then pour it down the sink and open a bottle of Pinot Grigio. I always though coffee was something only daddies drank, because they had to. It does not taste good.
By Amylia
On 01/24/2014 20:43:03
By the bucket. Sometimes black, sometimes a bit of sugar-free Torani syrup or creamer. Honestly, it depends on what I have laying around and how awake I am.
By Caffeine
On 01/25/2014 01:18:10
From a coffee shop: a latte At work, a flat white from the espresso machine, with two sugars, becausw the beans we have are vile. At home: French press/plunger, with milk and one sugar. If I'm lucky, I get to drink it while it's still hot. Most days, however, running after M means the coffee is tepid at best when I get to it. I'm yet to find a coffee that tastes as good tepid or stone cold as it does hot.
By hummingbird
On 01/25/2014 07:58:00
Black, no creamer or milk or sugar, coffee needs to taste like coffee. I also use Kicking Horse or we go to our nearest city and there's a fantastic Italian bakery that imports their coffee and then we get a taste of real the European stuff. Now all I need is a German shop because I love German coffee.
By Sumayah
On 01/25/2014 08:51:52
At Starbucks I get a quad shot of espresso over ice in a venti cup, with a quad syrup pump (usually the cinnamon dolce or caramel - never the mocha, I HATE mocha flavor in my coffee), extra ice and top with half and half. It basically makes a latte at half the cost ($3.50ish for the venti). And since it's Starbucks, I have no qualms with "ruining" the espresso by dumping it over ice. At home, I have a boring coffee maker, but I found a [url=http://www.independencecoffee.com/index.php/coffees/madalyn-s-backyard-pecan.html]local coffee[/url] I like. It is the first one I can drink black. Sort of black. I add a tablespoon of coconut oil because coconut oil is good for you and I can't just take it as is.
By Cien
On 01/25/2014 09:58:02
I don't really drink coffee anymore since my dentist noticed it on my teeth, but I've always wondered: what's coconut oil like in coffee? I know a few people that drink it that way, and it seems like it would be weird to put oil in coffee. Yes? No?
By Krystal
On 01/25/2014 10:06:38
^It's really not all that weird. I thought people were crazy when I first heard of doing it, but I find that if you blend it in your coffee rather than stir it, you can't tell it's there. There are sooo many benefits to coconut oil, and if you don't want to swallow a spoonful of it, putting it in your coffee is another way to do it!
By webstAr
On 01/25/2014 10:28:51
At home, we usually French press our Kicking Horse (popular Canadian brand) or Transcend (local artisan roast) beans.
I also use Kicking Horse
I'm sitting here sipping a freshly-french-pressed cup of Kicking Horse Three Sisters right now :) Have either of you been to their Cafe (near their factory) in Invermere? Very cool! I'm also a big fan of Salt Spring Coffee as well. Yay for local fair trade beans! All of that being said, I'm still not quite in the coffee big-leagues. I have to have my cream and sugar!
By Josiane
On 01/25/2014 10:47:07
By the gallon. I love the taste of coffee. I also like that it makes me look like a human being. It also makes me want to not kill everybody in the morning. My boyfriend has learned that quite fast and wakes me up on the weekends by asking if I want coffee because he made some. (marry me.) I'll drink whatever is available. However, I prefer my coffee black and quite strong. I have a french press and I let my coffee ''infuse'' (correct word?) for a long time before I ''press'' it. I also love espressos but I am way too lazy to make them. COFFEEEEE omg I need some right now.
By schuhplattler
On 01/25/2014 11:14:26
How? With mouth and esophagus. But actually I don't think you meant the question literally. For home I buy a low-acid whole bean and drink it black. Trader Joe's has a low-acid French Roast. There used to be several low acid coffees on the market, but today I know of only this one. On the go, I can't get low acid coffee, so I buy whatever is available and cushion it with three creamers and no sugar. In my younger days it was different. My favorite was a true mocha - coffee and cocoa beans ground together and brewed together. This tastes great for those whose systems can take it.
By Krystal
On 01/25/2014 11:17:57
Do you guy think using a French press makes coffee taste better? I've always wanted to try one. They're relatively cheap too so it would be fun to try out. I see them at discount stores all the time, like Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx...
How? With mouth and esophagus. But actually I don't think you meant the question literally.
No..sure didn't. I just always hear people asking "How do you drink your coffee?" when wondering how to make it for someone. Either that or "How do you [i]take[/i] your coffee?"
By Josiane
On 01/25/2014 11:56:26
Do you guy think using a French press makes coffee taste better?
Yes. Grinding your coffee beans right before making your coffee + french press = best coffee (imo). Also, like you said, they are really cheap. I also think they are easy to clean and easy to bring to work.
By Megan
On 01/25/2014 12:21:03
I love the way coffee tastes in my French press or in an old-school on the stove percolator. Plus it's easy and I don't have to buy filters. But you have to accept a few grounds slipping through. I don't mind at all, personally. We have a Tassimo, regular drip machine, espresso machine, and a French press, though, and use them all. We like coffee a lot in my house.
By KaeDancer
On 01/25/2014 13:24:20
I have to be careful with coffee because I suffer with migraines but when I can, I just like a simple, black coffee made with whatever instant granules are cheapest or available, with 2 tablet sweeteners :-) It's like 2 calories and I enjoy it so much when I have it. Kaela x
By SaraTheGrouch
On 01/25/2014 14:26:33
I'm going to be the odd one out here, but that's alright! I drink a light to medium roast coffee (typically in my Keurig, unless I'm at work, where we have a regular coffee maker and/or a French press) with a flavored creamer (French vanilla, pumpkin spice, sweet cream, peppermint mocha, girl scouts, etc) and 1 Truvia. I cannot drink black coffee or coffee that's too strong/bitter. It kills my stomach and gives me the jitters. Since the new gas station near by has been offering free any size coffee for the entire month, I've been drinking a lot of Kahlua coffee. I've got vanilla bean and pumpkin spice in the house currently.
By Chaconne
On 01/25/2014 14:40:30
Old military story.... "I like my coffee like I like my women... HOT! That sexist attitude would probably get a military man court martialed today. Both my wife and I take our coffee black and unsweetened. We used flavored coffee, usually Hazelnut, usually decaf. (We both have heart conditions) We did get a Keurig for Christmas, but we still usually make a full pot in a regular drip-type coffee maker. Once in a while we will do Starbuck as we seem to get a lot of gift card for them and when I go to that national chain of "small Scottish restaurants" (hint: they have golden arches) I will often get their Mocha Frappe. Jon
By majere
On 01/25/2014 16:53:32
I don't! I hate coffee. One time I had a miscommunication with a barista at Starbucks and I got a drink with coffee in it. It was disgusting (I usually order a cream based frappichino or a hot chocolate). Unfortunately I went through the drive through and didn't notice until it was too late. We have a Keurig at work but I use it to make hot chocolate on occasion. If I had to drink coffee for some reason I'd have to put a ton of sugar or something in there to cover the flavor.
By PogMoGillies
On 01/25/2014 21:19:55
At home: from the French press, with 1/2 and 1/2 At Starbucks: either a vanilla blonde roast with cream, or a latte, depending on if I'm paying, or I have a gift card.
By Sumayah
On 01/25/2014 21:24:15
I've always wondered: what's coconut oil like in coffee? I know a few people that drink it that way, and it seems like it would be weird to put oil in coffee. Yes? No?
Not really. I buy the Spectrum brand because it doesn't taste like anything to me. It doesn't have weird coconut aftertaste some brands do. I don't even notice it in the coffee at all.
By Sarahdncr
On 02/01/2014 04:43:13
I don't drink coffee, I drink sugar with just a little coffee thrown in for taste!! O.k., I do like my coffee sweet that is for sure. So usually I am just a regular cream and sugar kind of gal. I do like the French Roasts, and I die for Duncan Doughnuts French Vanilla coffee!! We have a big industrial sized Keurig at work (hooked up to its own filtered water supply) and I usually go for the Doughnut Shop, Cinnamon Bun, or my Duncan Doughnut French Vanilla K-Cups.
By toroandbruin
On 02/02/2014 23:12:07
I love flavored coffees such as vanilla and hazelnut. I especially like mocha! However I've switched to decaf because it is better for me. I don't have high blood pressure but at one time it got toward the high side of normal and, cutting out salt and caffeine, it went back to the low side of normal. To me decaf tastes no better or worse than regular coffee; however at the supermarket it is hard to find decaf in various flavors. I really should buy some of those favored syrups to put in it.
By poko
On 02/23/2014 01:58:48
I have a friend visiting the US at the moment and she said she's struggled to find a decent coffee anywhere. She aaid everything is either instant, or syrup/insulin-coma-inducing laced with sugar and no coffee taste :-/ I am not a big coffee person, in fact I tried it once and will never try it again. I much prefer a black tea with a slice of lemon and half a sugar.
By saaammie
On 02/23/2014 03:51:26
A lot of milk and a lot of sugar. Mainly because I don't like coffee and drink maybe 2 cups a week, so I have no reason to worry about the calories.
By panic
On 02/23/2014 04:23:16
My french press broke a few months ago, and I replaced it with this thing... [youtube]P8NeOccg0Qo[/youtube] It basically works just like a french press, but the filter is finer, and it's WAY easier to clean. Awesome. Most of the time, I drink Cuban espresso. Bustelo or Pilon. A few months ago, I bought a decent espresso maker, and I LOVE IT! Cuban coffee always has a ton of sugar - except in an Americano, which is what I usually drink. Occasionally, I'll have a cortadito which is very sweet espresso with steamed milk.
By Krystal
On 02/23/2014 14:07:51
^Wow, I've never heard of that little brewer before. Looks pretty straightforward. I actually just used a French press for the first time last weekend and I was really impressed! I used some basic espresso beans from World Market but it was really good.
I have a friend visiting the US at the moment and she said she's struggled to find a decent coffee anywhere. She aaid everything is either instant, or syrup/insulin-coma-inducing laced with sugar and no coffee taste :-/
Where is she getting coffee from? I've never noticed any coffee being sugar-laced or syrupy unless those things are added to it separately. Lattes/frappes/mochas are way too sweet for me personally, is that what she's drinking? I think McDonald's coffee is pretty stout and definitely has a coffee taste. It's really strong.
By Niki121
On 10/14/2021 05:01:25
Hello to all coffee lovers. My favorite coffee is the one that comes to me from [url=https://www.friedcoffee.com/]www.friedcoffee.com[/url], so I enjoy drinking them. I have had the privilege of sampling coffee from around the world, from dozens of varieties as well as hundreds of individual farms. I had samples of micro-lots that could include a specific area on a farm that was less than an acre. In all of these samples, roast batches and cups I drank, I think I may have only found one and this is the one I'm drinking now.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 08/11/2022 01:48:01