Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Irish - Achievements
Completed Novice!
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3157, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 08:10 PM

It's taken 4 years to the feis, but today I won my single jig and moved my last dance out of novice. In the meantime, I've had 2 pregnancies, 2 C-sections, and learned to dance with children (I can't go to 6 1/2 hours of class in one day any longer, you know?)

Now it's on to placing out or winning 6 dances in Prizewinner, to get to my next goal: Championships

I've placed 2nd in my reel and double jig
3rd in my hornpipe
5th in my slip jig
4th in my trad set
and I've won my light jig.

5 Replies to Completed Novice!

re: Completed Novice!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 08:35 PM
Yay! Congratulations!

You are now my hero! That is a real accomplishment!

I only have TJ and Reel in PW. (I only do 4 dances). I've had 4-2nds in nov SJ and 9 ( yes that is nine) 2nds in nov HP. My tombstone will read "Death by novice SJ"

Looks like you are already doing well in PW. :)
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3157, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 09:13 PM
with all of your nice placements, you should come feis in the western region. Here, if you have 10 or more dancers in a novice competition, than both first and second place move up. It's nice for when we have 12-15 competitors in novice.

I actually won my novice slip jig full year before I moved it up to prizewinner- but there were only 3 dancers that day.

Keep at it- you are so close to moving those dances up!
By MissSlipjig Comments: 70, member since Fri Feb 04, 2011
On Sun Jan 26, 2014 09:31 AM
Way to go PogMoGillies and Hop_123! I finally moved a dance into Prizewinner last November (slipjig) and then yesterday moved up treble jig. Am thrilled to death and am now allowed to wear a solo dress. Ever since I started wearing a school dress with a wig, I have gotten one 1st per feis (trad set, then slipjig, then treble jig). Of course it probably has more to do with hard work than the dress but who knows? Luck seems to be associated with the school dress so I may keep on wearing it for a while.
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 332, member since Tue Jan 31, 2012
On Tue Jan 28, 2014 08:12 AM
How wonderful! I am excited for all of you! Okay, let's be honest. I cried and was a mess when I found out that MissSlipJig had won her treble jig competition. Here is a new year, with each of you reaching your next level goals!
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Tue Jan 28, 2014 09:38 AM
Congratulations, PogMoGillies! Here's wishing you great good luck in PW!

ReplySendWatch