Forum: General

Sell lesson plans and training videos to other teachers and students on our new digital store!
By linhPremium member
On Thu Jan 30, 2014 02:05 AM

Teachers, dance.net is about to launch a new store where you can sell digital goods to other dance teachers and students. Anything digital and related to dance instruction is welcome in the store, such as: lesson plans, fun activities, dance routine videos (for teachers), how-to dance videos (for students or enthusiasts), etc. The three general formats are: PDF - buyers can print out the material to use in their classes Photos/images - buyers can use the photos as royalty-free stock photos for their websites, videos, etc. Videos - buyers can download the videos for their own viewing or view them in classes with students You don't need a fancy camcorder either, just use your phone's camera to create video. We're working on ways to show you how to make and edit professional-quality videos including an app for your iPhone or Android phone. There will be two levels of sellers: - Free: No annual fee, and you'll get 60% of the sales price for any items you sell - Pro: Annual fee of $49.99, and you'll get 75% of the sales price for any items you sell Dance.net takes care of payment processing, returns/refunds, hosting the materials, etc. All you do is create great content that can be purchased by anybody in the world. So why not tap into the largest dance community with 200,000+ members and over 250,000 unique visitors every month? It can be a fun and rewarding hobby or much more. As always, let us know what you think and also how we can improve the service. p.s. Look for a "Store" tab at the top later today. Thanks! Linh dance.net

1 Replies to Sell lesson plans and training videos to other teachers and students on our new digital store!

re: Sell lesson plans and training videos to other teachers and students on our new digital store!
By vfdtPremium member
On Fri Jan 31, 2014 07:48 AM
Fantastic idea, Mr. Linh, but I have a new Nokia Windows phone and tablet - can you create an App for that too...eventually?

Also, I would want to segment my students' version of Coppelia Ballet into first and second acts of 22 minutes each, where it's all on our one DVD now. Hopefully, your software can edit it into two parts, before I upload. (Ditto for some of my custom created CD's that match my DVD's.)

Finally, will there be copyright issues, as has caused some youTube dances to have their original song accompaniment stripped out, and another music soundtrack substituted? Can there be a disclaimer that the purchase fees are for the custom choreography, for education only, not for mass broadcasting.

Thanks again for taking this on, as I own a very small dance school, and don't have a staff of teachers with varied ideas for production; it's just me, trying to innovate, and do EVERYTHING by myself. I could never afford the grossly extravagant annual fees of Dance Teachers Web; they seem to think everyone is a thriving mega-studio like themselves, when it's the small studios that really could use their help. Nor do I have endless hours to pick through the disorder of youTube for dance nuggets.

ReplySendWatch