Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Polynesian Dance
First Tahitian solo costume ideas?!!!! ASAP!!
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 PM

Hi I will be doing my first fete in march and I am looking for some solo costume ideas! I am African American so I would like suggestions on colors for darker skin tones and types of bras that won't fall or ride up while on stage. This is my first ever fete so I'm pretty nervous so I don't want anything to big and showy as in headpieces! I don't know if my age helps but I will be competing in the beginner category for 16-18 years old! Thank you so much for your help!

3 Replies to First Tahitian solo costume ideas?!!!! ASAP!!

re: First Tahitian solo costume ideas?!!!! ASAP!!
By Vietnamazing Comments: 6, member since Mon Feb 17, 2014
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 06:39 PM
Hi! Did you find what you were looking for? I'm sure you're getting close to the competition now, but I found that white looks great against darker skin, and a top with something that attaches to the neck helps us feel more secure:) I had my first one last year and That's what I did. I wasn't allowed anything around the waist, but I made a headpiece. If you don't want a headpiece, you could make a side position head band with Tiare, niau, and lauhala:)
On Tue Apr 01, 2014 01:38 PM
Yes I did..thank you so much for your ell and sorry for the late reply..I ended up wearing a yellow pareo and yellow top and my headpiece wasn't to big but just right! Thank you again for your help!
On Tue Apr 01, 2014 01:51 PM
Yes I did..thank you so much for your ell and sorry for the late reply..I ended up wearing a yellow pareo and yellow top and my headpiece wasn't to big but just right! Thank you again for your help! @vietnamazing

ReplySendWatch