Forum: Arts / Movies & TV

Movies & TV
Any other BBC Sherlock fans?
By Naivohwmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1719, member since Mon Nov 17, 2003
On Mon Feb 10, 2014 02:04 AM

Please tell me I'm not the only one in love with the glory that is Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock. And Benedict Cumberbatch in general. Yum. I just finished the 3rd season, and I am so glad this cliff-hanger wasn't as agonizing as the last one. Season 3 spoilers:

Spoiler: Show
I'm not surprised Moriarty is coming back, since Sherlock faked his death it wouldn't be that far-fetched for Moriarty to do the same. A lot of people I've talked to have been annoyed that the show never gave a conclusive answer as to which method Sherlock actually used to fake his death. I think it was the one he told Anderson (fun random tidbit: Mark Gatiss is one of the creators of Sherlock, and he plays Mycroft as well. He is also involved in Doctor Who in both the production side and as an actor. His most well-known on-screen Who role? Professor Lazarus. Sherlock's code name for his death-defying leap? "Lazarus". Do I have way too much time on my hands a brain full of useless trivia? Yes.)

Anyway, the whole bit with Mary completely blind-sided me, and I'm so glad she and John worked through all of it. I'm sure a lot of things that surprise me wouldn't if I actually read the stories, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I can't wait for season 4, and I'm so glad the wait isn't 2 years this time!

15 Replies to Any other BBC Sherlock fans?

re: Any other BBC Sherlock fans?
By Damhnaitmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 691, member since Sun Apr 22, 2007
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 08:21 AM
Oh, I love BBC's Sherlock! I just go into it about a year ago now, so the hiatus wasn't too agonizing for me. I have to say episode 2 of season 3 is my favorite Sherlock episode of all. I like the mystery and the crime solving and wit, but I love when there's a lot of humor involved, and this episode was full of humor.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 08:35 AM
I really enjoy this show. I started watching it last year, I had checked out the dvds from the library. My parents watch it too (but they just watch every Masterpiece Mystery that comes on PBS). I watched this past season with them, and mom just carries on about how Benedict Cumberbatch looks nothing like Sherlock and about how unattractive he is, that his nose it too small etc. While I do agree he is not really physically attractive (in the facial area) and doesn't look like the character, I don't carry on about it. He is a great actor.
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4773, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:07 AM
I'm a fan! But I haven't even started season 3 yet. Hubby and I watch Sherlock together, so finding the time to both sit down and watch an episode can be tricky. Plus, we don't have cable, so I usually have to find stuff like that online.
By MonkeyStepsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 294, member since Wed Dec 15, 2010
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:13 AM
I watched it when it first started in the UK and then wandered around London (where I lived at the time) with other fans during the agonising wait for the second series, theorising and turning out to be completely wrong about everything!

I've met a few of the cast and I'm part of a Sherlock Holmes related podcast, though I'm in very few episodes because I'm not all that academic and get a bit lost if we do anything other than flail about the episodes! :P
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:27 AM
is the third season coming to Netflicks or Hulu Plus or ITunes soon?

I am a huggggge fan, but I don't have cable :(
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:46 AM
For those of you saying you don't have cable, does it not come on PBS where you live (in the US)? You don't need cable to watch PBS.
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:54 AM
I don't have any sort of channels. Period we don't have a TV service.

I have an Apple TV so I just watch Netflicks and Hulu.
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4773, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:58 AM
Edited by GetRhythm (133910) on 2014-02-19 09:59:43
It came on PBS, but I missed it. I guess I'd have to check their listings and see when they're showing it and try to watch them in order? Not really a great plan. I get about 10 channels with our cheapy antenna. You can get an antenna for like $20 and get most of the major stations. Now that they're all digital, I get HD picture for free. Take that, cable companies!
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:50 AM
YumYumDoughnut wrote:

I don't have any sort of channels. Period we don't have a TV service.

I have an Apple TV so I just watch Netflicks and Hulu.

If you have a TV you can get PBS and other local channels. That's the point of PBS - it is free.
www.ehow.com . . .
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:55 AM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2014-02-19 12:48:17
I just have to attach an antenna? Do I have to put the antenna outside or can it just be on the tv? Because.....how do you take the outside wires and get them inside the house? I don't want to take them in through the windows. I will figure this out this weekend!

Thanks!

Edit!

I got an indoor antenna! It has some channels but not a lot. I need to figure out how to scan properly now!
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 07:33 PM
YumYumDoughnut wrote:

I got an indoor antenna! It has some channels but not a lot. I need to figure out how to scan properly now!

It took us several days to figure out what spot in the living room picked up the most channels. Usually, the higher the better. We eventually put ours in the attic and drilled a hole through the ceiling for the cord. We now get NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, CW, PBS, and then all those weird extra channels like 3-2, 12-2, etc. Good luck with yours! :)
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2550, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 07:54 PM
They're also available on PBS's website, although the streaming is sort of sucky.

I love this show. A lot. :)
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:22 PM
YumYumDoughnut wrote:

I just have to attach an antenna? Do I have to put the antenna outside or can it just be on the tv? Because.....how do you take the outside wires and get them inside the house? I don't want to take them in through the windows. I will figure this out this weekend!

Thanks!

Edit!

Oh, Lauren :) I have faith in you! You'll figure it out.

Did you not ever have a TV with bunny ears as a kid? I'm pretty sure we are the same age. For most of the 90's we only had cable in the living room so on the other TVs we just used an antenna (of course antennas are a bit different now).
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:35 PM
I did it! I did it! I bet I can get more channels, but for now, I am able to get about 21!

Nope, I always had a dish thingy, never bunny ears!
By Melly2 Comments: 22, member since Sat Dec 14, 2013
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:49 PM
Great show, good performances from Benedict Cumberbatch and of course our favourite hobbit Martin Freeman.

ReplySendWatch