Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Members

Ballet Photos - Members
Decided to restart ballet
By balettosmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 51, member since Sat Dec 09, 2006
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 02:04 PM

I've stopped ballet one year ago and I have become very unflexible.
Last week I have decided to start stretching and take ballet class again from March. I have give myself one month to get back my previous shape and strength. Pls find bellow my first two photos from one week ago. I hope in three weeks those splits will be flat:-)

7 Replies to Decided to restart ballet

re: Decided to restart ballet
By balettosmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 51, member since Sat Dec 09, 2006
On Wed Feb 19, 2014 02:07 PM
First week progress with daily stretching.
By Storm_Trouper Comments: 808, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Fri Feb 21, 2014 01:54 PM
Good luck on your one month project.

Before you stopped a year ago, did you do ballet for many, many years? Did you start doing split flexibility when you were teen aged?
By swanilda338 Comments: 128, member since Wed Mar 13, 2013
On Sat Feb 22, 2014 06:34 AM
Good job!
On Sat Feb 22, 2014 08:42 AM
Hi I've started ballet when I was 24 years old but higgledy-piggledy with long breaks. I used to strech mainly during ballet class and sometimes at home. Now I'm 40 years old but after one week practic it seams I've kept my flexibility but I'm curious if I can improve to achieve the perfect splits and flexibility. Let's see thank you for your comment.
By SandraLAVixenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 904, member since Tue Jul 18, 2006
On Mon Feb 24, 2014 03:29 AM
Good luck, I do think it's quite doable, I know some 40 year olds who have quite good flexibility.

If you danced when you were younger it would help, you just need to be really warm and relaxed when you stretch. But put a lot of effort into it, push each stretch as far as it will go and use some strength (stretching is 1 of 3 components of exercise).
2nd week progress
On Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:39 AM
2nd week progress, I'm satisfied :)
By iPurplemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 527, member since Sun Jun 20, 2010
On Fri Feb 28, 2014 08:16 PM
It might give you a better stretch if you straighten and turn out your back leg, so both your legs are straight and your knee isn't on the ground. You might not be as far down to the ground but I guarantee it will teach you better splits technique and stretch you better. You wouldn't do a grand jete with a bent back leg (unless it was jete attitude), so it's good to practice technique like that even if it seems a little discouraging to be higher off the ground.
On Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:03 PM
Turning out back leg tip is really helpful for me thank you so much. Unfortunately I was sick in the last two weeks but now I'm really hungry for further improvement. Thank you for your constructive comments.

ReplySendWatch