Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Girls Only PG-13
Micronor mini-pill
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Thu Feb 20, 2014 02:05 PM
Locked by Krystal (73000) on 2014-02-20 19:37:23 guess it's better for me just to try it out and pray I have no bad side effects. thanks for the advice.

Anyone have any experience with this bc? I had an appt today to get a new kind. I love NuvaRing but the constant breast tenderness and no sex drive made me want to change to something else.

I knew I wanted to try a mini-pill (I already have issues with too much estrogen) but didn't know what kind. The doctor prescribed me Micronor and now that I've come home and researched it I'm terrified!

People are saying this pill causes acne which ends up ruining and scarring their face. They say they keep getting pregnant on it. They say they never have a period either. Either no period or constant spotting. They also say they've gained a bunch of weight.

Aaaahh! I don't want this...please someone tell me I'm just freaking out for no reason. I told the dr I wanted a pill that wouldn't affect my sex drive (can't have that issue when my husband comes back home in a couple months), won't make me gain weight, and won't cause migraines like other oral contraceptives I've tried.

Blahhh. I'm scared to try it now. I still have a valid prescription for the ring just in case this one really is terrible.

4 Replies to Micronor mini-pill

re: Micronor mini-pill
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8600, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Thu Feb 20, 2014 03:19 PM
As you can tell, everyone's body reacts to hormones differently. There's really no telling how this one will do for you until you try it. For example, I'm the only one out of a handful of women at work with a Mirena that still gets a monthly period. And I still get a little crampy. Or a lot crampy, like right now. If the Micronor turns out to be messing you up, discontinue it.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Thu Feb 20, 2014 04:46 PM
Micronor is the only form of hormonal birth control I've been on. I was very nervous to take birth control as I wasn't sure how my body would react. I had pretty much no symptoms except for a bit of extra PMS grumpiness....maybe....

My skin was fine, boobs stayed the same or similar, appetite wasn't largely affected.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Thu Feb 20, 2014 06:56 PM
Thanks guys. It's just that every review I was reading about it was something negative. I was hoping some people here would have had a positive experience. And looks like I found one person who has had no issues haha. Hopefully it will be the same for me.
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Thu Feb 20, 2014 07:13 PM
Keep in mind that the population of people who actually post reviews about this is skewed and may not represent the entire user base.

If you used a BC and it was completely fine, chances are, you're not going to spend the time to review it on every single website/forum about it.

If you had a negative reaction, you're much more likely to put out the negative review in your search for more suitable BC.

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed