Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Irish - Achievements
I went to class!
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4050, member since Thu Sep 30, 2004
On Fri Feb 21, 2014 04:41 AM

Sometimes it's all about the small victories! :) I have started coming back to Irish dance land after a 6 month break (part of that time included being in India). When I went to my first class back, I was VERY self-conscious about my dancing. That made me just want to go only occasionally to class.

However, this past week I told myself that nothing is going to improve if I don't just jump into it and go for it! :) So I've gone to both classes this week, and had a REALLY good time! My dancing wasn't stellar, but I was able to just enjoy myself more.

So while I don't know which direction I'm headed in this crazy Irish dance world, I'm thankful I can at least enjoy the ride! :D Just wanted to share!!

2 Replies to I went to class!

re: I went to class!
By Teamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1321, member since Mon Apr 14, 2008
On Fri Feb 21, 2014 08:21 AM
Yay! I understand. I've just returned after an 8 month break due to injuries and whatnot. I forget sometimes just how much fun dance class can be. Even on the days when I'm cranky or tired, I always leave in a much better mood.

Congrats on getting back in there!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Fri Feb 21, 2014 09:40 AM
So glad you went to class and DANCED and didn't worry about the others. Enjoy your passion for dance and go out there and enjoy the music and the dance form! :)
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:36 PM
Edited by Hop_123 (173279) on 2014-02-22 12:37:00
So glad you went to class and DANCED and didn't worry about the others. Enjoy your passion for dance and go out there and enjoy the music and the dance form! :)

(I responded to this yesterday. Don't know why it didn't show up here. It shows up on my profile page.)

edit: and now that I post it again, the first post finally shows up. Goofy! :)
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 822, member since Tue Jul 01, 2008
On Sat Feb 22, 2014 07:47 PM
Yay! Although I haven't taken such big breaks (just a few months at the tail end of my pregnancy and until the doc said I could go back after my son was born) I know it's weird to come back to class. I always do because I love it. It's great exercise and I love the women I dance with. Besides, I have to justify that expensive solo dress I finally bought last year! :P

So glad you're enjoying dance again! Have fun - it's like riding a bike - it will all come back to you!

ReplySendWatch