Forum: Arts / Body Art

Body Art
Got my rook pierced today
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Sat Mar 01, 2014 07:03 PM

I've been talking about wanting my rook pierced for a few months now, it was originally going to be my present to myself for passing BodyCombat training, but my best friend and I have a rule that I can't get pierced without her. Mostly because piercing is really her thing, and tattoos are more mine so she has to have me there for those. And I've never been pierced without her there to hold her hand, so I really wouldn't want to get one without her. So today she took me to get it done, and she paid for it as a belated birthday present which was so sweet!

She took this pic right after it was done. I completely love it. Pain wise I really didn't think it was as bad as other people said it hurt them. I felt like my nose was a lot more painful. The sound was really creepy, but the pain wasn't bad at all. It did help to squeeze Sara's hand though. She said for my nose I squeezed so hard she lost feeling in her hand, and my navel I didn't squeeze as bad, but she said this was the best I've done so far.

Hope the healing is also not too painful!

1 Replies to Got my rook pierced today

re: Got my rook pierced today
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:41 AM
Awesome! I've had my rook for 4.5 years and I still love it. I didn't think the pain was too bad either, my tragus hurt way worse. Just be careful with the healing process. I've never had a problem healing a piercing, but that one took the better part of a year. Totally worth it, but it takes babying!

ReplySendWatch