Forum: Irish / Irish

Improve my low bun
By rosalinde
On Fri Mar 14, 2014 04:57 AM

I'm not competing anymore, but I do plenty of shows still. I like the low bun look on me, and I'm still trying to make it better. Currently I wear it with a white flower (with stones on the petals), a sparkly star-shaped hair comb and some small bits of sparkle.
The side where the flower sits looks okay at the moment, but what can I do to improve the other side? It looks ... bare.
Any suggestions to make my hair look interesting all over? The other dancers all wear their buns high and with a tiara, so they don't know.

5 Replies to Improve my low bun

re: Improve my low bun
By shamrock28
On Fri Mar 14, 2014 09:19 AM
I have a few sparkly clips I use on the "bare" side when I do a low bun wig. I also use a sparkly soft style headband sometimes, hiding the elastic part behind my hair that goes into the bun. Then the headband only shows on the bare side (if that makes sense).

Trim or craft supply stores are great places to look around and get ideas for what you could add into your look!
By byudawn
On Fri Mar 14, 2014 09:59 AM
Google 1920's hairstyles/hairpieces and there are lots of fun ideas (some you might like, some not, lol!) But I agree a large sparkly piece either as a clip or hairband would look very nice! Your hair looks lovely!
By SamCartermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:09 AM
I do a braid across the back (from my right ear to the bun on the left) and I wear two small sparkly barrettes and a sparkly headband.

I think yours looks lovely the way it is! :)
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Mar 14, 2014 03:38 PM
I think your hair looks really pretty in the picture. No additions needed!
By saoirse3473member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 15, 2014 01:41 AM
^ agreed, I think it looks lovely! Maybe, to give it a little more "oomph", you could try curling your hair and then using the curl to give it a little more volume so that it's not as "bland" as the other side. But to be honest, that would be nit-picking. I think it looks lovely!

ReplySendWatch