Forum: Irish / Irish

Another wig question regarding hair/wig color
By sarahrID
On Sun Mar 16, 2014 09:20 AM

I think I've finally decided on a wig (the Aoife in Celtic Creations), but wanted to get some thoughts on color.

My hair is currently a light red color - I'm naturally a dark blond, but I've been adding red low lights with subtle lighter blond highlights. The red shows up more than the blond, but it can vary between the two shades, depending on the light.

The best match, color wise, would be a light red/ginger. However, the wig I want doesn't come in that color. It only comes in the medium and dark red colors.

My TC said I could definitely get the medium red color, and she thinks it would look very nice with my coloring and my new solo dress. But I'm not sure how I would style it or if it would look weird with the front of my hair being lighter than the curls.

I know people use a blond hair spray if they have darker hair and wear a blond wig. Do those sprays come in other colors?

Any other tips or suggestions on how you actually make this would would be welcome. Just looking for some reassurance/ideas before I take the plunge and order my wig! Thank you!

ReplySendWatch