Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Louisville KY Feis
By Bogart
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 09:36 AM

Hi all! I'm thinking about the Louisville KY feis. Does that feis tend to draw some good adult numbers? It's on feisworx so I can't see how many people have signed up, and it's not my region (so I'm in the dark on this one!). Thanks!

7 Replies to Louisville KY Feis

re: Louisville KY Feis
By novicedancer1991member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 22, 2014 03:35 PM
www.feisworx.com . . .

Here are results from last year. Looks like there were about 6 adults, and all of them were beginner 1/2 except one who had some dances in beginner and some in novice/prizewinner.
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 03:48 PM
We are considering the Lousiville Feis this year. It draws good numbers, for the area. Usually 3-6 competitors in Novice/Prizewinner Adult. Nothing like the numbers for the VA/MD area. It is a good feis and usually well run. Lousiville is also a great city.
By madismom
On Thu Apr 10, 2014 09:22 AM
We belong to McClanahan and we have a couple adult dancers who I am sure will sign up too for our feis. 2 I know are prizewinner and a few others who took our adult classes Im sure might sign up.Its a great feis too, of course I might be biased here haha. Hope we see you there
On Wed May 14, 2014 08:32 AM
Anyone confirmed for the Louisville Feis? We are considering it. The numbers, and camraderie, at the Queen City feis were great. Since it is close to the same area, I am hoping to see a repeat. :). We are registered, but not paid. So, I do not know the current competitor count.
On Fri May 23, 2014 08:47 AM
The following is from the super responsive feis secretary of the Louisville Feis:

For the Adult Beginner comps, I have between 2-4 dancers (depends on the dance) registered for soft shoe dances (with one or two paid so far) and 2-3 registered for hard shoe (2 paid). For Adult Novice/Prizewinner there are 2-5 registered for soft shoe (one paid; two paid in reel) and 3-4 registered for hard shoe (one paid).

I will be checking back with her the first week of June, to see if more adults have paid. It is a bit of a drive for us. So, I did not want to pay and be the only one onstage. Hope to see more of you at the Louisville Feis.
By bigTreblemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 23, 2014 01:40 PM
If it helps you make your decision, Louisville has a pretty fun downtown area, especially if you're an adult. They have some restaurants and paths right along the river, and they also have this section called "6th street" or something like that which has a lot of fun pars an restaurants. Lots of fun to walk around after the feis on a summer night!
On Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:00 AM
3 paid and 2 unpaid in almost all of the Novice/Prizewinner dances at the Louisville Feis.

This js what I get for not having more email addresses of adult dancers!

ReplySendWatch