Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Adult Irish Dancer legs
By rosalinde
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 02:00 PM
Edited by rosalinde (213002) on 2014-03-21 14:01:55 spelling

I swear I don't have a weird fetish or anything :D

When I read IDM, I do, however, like the action shots of the O-18 dancers > their legs are so strong. The little ones often have pretty skinny legs, but the older dancers' legs are all muscle.
And then I got this picture of me and I was like, "Heck, those are some nice legs for a 38-year-old!" I also did a show for St Patrick's Day last week, and a member of the audience complimented me on my calf muscles. Why, thank you, those have taken quite a few years to develop, yes! I moan about them when I want to wear skinny jeans or capri pants, but it could've been a lot worse if it weren't for all those years of Highland and Irish Dance!

Anyone else out there who likes the way that Irish Dance has shaped your legs?

8 Replies to Adult Irish Dancer legs

re: Adult Irish Dancer legs
By JenBlackerbymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 03:01 PM
yes! I love my muscly legs! :D I was just telling a friend earlier that its funny we irish dancers have a different meaning for "hour glass figure". Hour glass legs. lol
By MissSlipjig
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 08:42 PM
Yes! At 36, I look and feel better than ever before thanks to Irish dance!
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 09:15 PM
I am SO jealous! Regardless of my dancing forEVER, I still have these stick-thin legs. I've always envied dancers that have those well-toned, muscly legs.

It's not a dream I've let go of just yet... I should take advantage of this baby weight and do some leg exercises! Thanks for the inspiration ;)
By RinceorNosretep
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 09:23 PM
I have the opposite problem as Nyssa. There's decent muscle on my legs but it's covered by a bunch of flab that refuses to go away. It's where I carry my body fat instead of around my waist. Healthier, yes, but not the most flattering for a dancer. :? I've always been jealous of lean legs.
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 22, 2014 08:58 AM
It has taken 3 years of work, for me to build calf muscles. Even still, my legs are still lean. Of course, like MissSlipJig mentioned, I am certainly in better shape because of Irish Dance.

The second picture is my personal favorite of MissSlipJig. She is floating, with her lovely legs and pointed toes. I am certainly fortunate to train and perform with her.
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 22, 2014 07:35 PM
I think strong legs are so beautiful, no matter if they are slim, muscular, or have fat on them, you can just tell strong legs from the shape.

Personally, my legs are more slender than muscular, but dance. both Irish and ballet (especially the pointe work), has given me more tone and strength than I have ever had, and I'm so pleased with my legs! My legs may be very slim, but they sure aren't scrawny like the used to be, and they're very solid, which is nice. It's amazing because up until I started ballet at 21, I had never found a physical activity I actually enjoyed, so I really love not only that I am super active but also that I can see the results in the mirror. I was never in it to change my body type, but it feels good to see the change.

I don't have any action shots, but here are some of my school's adult dancers right before the St Patrick's Day parade (that's why were wearing tennis shoes). I think everyone has really pretty, strong legs :)
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 22, 2014 07:46 PM
The only time I don't love my dancers legs is when I fall in love with a great pair of tall boots - they almost never fit my calves. I've found two decent pairs though! We are strong and sexy and our legs take us places - reely ;)
By KiraDancesIrishmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 23, 2014 04:55 PM
My orthopedic surgeon commented on how tone my calves were when he first started treating me. Before he knew exactly what I did to earn these calves! Of course he was all but holding my hand when they took off the cast in December from my foot surgery and told me I lost almost 2 and a half inches in my right calf muscle in 3 weeks. Adult dancer legs are awesome!

ReplySendWatch