Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

McGrath CIDA feis- anyone going?
By highlanddncr
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:29 AM

My school is hosting their first feis this coming weekend. Are there any adult dancers coming? If anyone is interested, maybe we could have an adult dancer dinner after the feis? There are many restaurants right close by. The last one at Nations Cap last summer was a lot of fun :)

Please stop by and say hi- I will be running stage 5 all morning and hopefully dancing too if my bruised rib feels better!

12 Replies to McGrath CIDA feis- anyone going?

re: McGrath CIDA feis- anyone going?
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 02:54 PM
I hope to be there, but only to watch, unfortunately. I want to see how McGraths first feis goes!

I hope you can dance! What did you do to your ribs?
By highlanddncr
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 04:24 PM
I was hoping you'd come even though I know your foot in not recovered enough to dance. I finally got over the pneumonia but still have bronchitis. My ribs on the right side were sore from coughing (which is normal for pneu/bronc) but then during a coughing fit I felt a snap and then had very intense pain that didn't subside at all. The ER told me that the muscle tore away from the bone and that was the snap I felt. So I'm now on way too many meds between the bronchitis and pain meds for the rib. It does feel much better today but I'm trying to be good and won't even try to dance until prob Sat to see if I'll be able to compete.

Either way, it'll be good to catch up :)
By Joyette78
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 04:47 PM
I'm coming! I'm still unsure if I'm driving up the morning of since it looks like I won't start until 10:30 or if I want to spoil myself and drive up the night before.
By hornpiper
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 05:52 PM
I'll be there! (hee hee). When did you get your stage assignment? I haven't heard as yet.
By highlanddncr
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 06:09 PM
Hornpiper- I emailed after class Friday when I realized that my prizewinner softshoe was during the time I was scheduled to volunteer. I suggested just putting me on the stage I would dance on and they will have one of the teens come over and cover for me when I am dancing. So it worked out perfectly. Did you go to the meeting today or are you going tomorrow? I will be there tomorrow.
By twinkletoeschamp
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 07:41 PM
I'm not an adult dancer but I am an "advanced" Senior Lady dancing in the 20+ Open Championship competition. I want to thank your school SO MUCH for offering 20+! It will be so nice to dance against dancers around my age for once; I'm driving 7 hours to attend. The feis committee has done a great job communicating and it looks like the feis will be a wonderful day.

I hope your rib feels better soon!
By Bogart
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 AM
Culkin is bringing a ton of adult dancers (myself included!!). I am so excited for this feis. It is the first time I am dancing adult prizewinner after tearing my quad at ROI last year. I am so eager to get back in the game. I wont be able to stick around for dinner but I will see everyone there!
By Joyette78
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 06:56 PM
^^^Oh my! I remember you going down at ROI, and I knew it wasn't good, but whoa!! I'm glad you're back at it! See you all this weekend. :D
By Joyette78
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 06:57 PM
Edited by Joyette78 (215813) on 2014-03-26 18:58:19 repeat post
By highlanddncr
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 PM
I'm glad you are better Bogart. I was down there too and you looked to be in severe pain :( Recovery can be so hard....esp as adults. Happy that you are back! See you Sunday!
By fouleafmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 02, 2014 09:00 AM
Does anyone know what the material was covering the stages?
I know it was harder to hear hard shoe dances, but it was awesome for not slipping!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:59 AM
Looked like it was shower pan liner

ReplySendWatch