Forum: Ballet / Costumes

Costumes
Grishko rehearsal tutu vs. Conservatory Tutu
By tendudancer Comments: 18, member since Thu Dec 06, 2012
On Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 PM

Does anyone know how a Grishko rehearsal tutu would compare to a Conservatory Tutu? I have seen many girls with Grishko rehearsal tutus, and really love them. However, they are quite pricey. I am doing a little research here -- wondering if the Conservatory classical tutu would be a better choice since I can order for more layers with cheaper price. Conservatory is a division of Primadonna, and I have seen some really good performance tutus made by Primadonna. Wondering if anyone had experience with these two brands of rehearsal tutus!

Thanks!

1 Replies to Grishko rehearsal tutu vs. Conservatory Tutu

re: Grishko rehearsal tutu vs. Conservatory Tutu
By tendudancer Comments: 18, member since Thu Dec 06, 2012
On Wed Apr 30, 2014 08:40 PM
Replying to myself since I now have the answer 11
So Grishko's classical rehearsal tutus are 7 layers, and pleated with each layer, giving them a very flat Russian Pancake look.
Conservatory tutus are not pleated. They offer options for hoop and tack. Gun tack.
Tutu Etoile's rehearsal tutus are similar to Conservatory tutus, besides they hand tack instead.
Tutu.com gives the option to pleat the top layer. Gun tack. More expensive than Conservatory and Tutu Etoile, but I've been told that they are really the authorities at tutu making.

Hopes this can help someone in the future.

ReplySendWatch