Forum: Irish / Irish

What are grade exams?
By twinkletoes2021
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 03:21 PM

There is an upcoming feis in my region that is offering grade exams. I was wondering what they are and how they work?

Thanks a bunch,
twinkletoes2021 :)

3 Replies to What are grade exams?

re: What are grade exams?
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 03:44 PM
If you got to clrg.ie, then click on "find an exam", you will be able to download the syllabus. It's basically the same as exams in any other form of dance - a scheme to track progress outside of competition. You need to perform different dances at each grade, and each grade gets progressively harder. They cover solo and ceili, trad sets and modern sets.
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 04:09 PM
Edited by Kirvin3 (198483) on 2014-03-26 16:19:39
Thank you. I had wondered about this myself. On a slightly separate but related note, are grade exams required for getting your TCRG? I'm not actually planning on working towards that level, but am just curious. (Nevermind, I went to the page and answered my own question.)
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 26, 2014 08:14 PM
For anyone else wondering, grade exams aren't currently required before your TCRG exam, but starting January 2018 grades 1-12 must be completed in order to take the TCRG.

You can take up to 3 grades at a time, but must wait a period of time (3 months, I think?) Before taking another 3, so if you are at all entertaining the idea of becoming a TCRG getting started on grade exams is a really, really good idea.

If you aren't, they're still a good idea, though.

ReplySendWatch