Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Polynesian Dance
Opinions about wigs and Polynesian dance?
By Vietnamazing Comments: 6, member since Mon Feb 17, 2014
On Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 PM

Hi everyone! So, I just started learning Tahitian dance 2 years ago and I am absolutely in love with everything about it. I live in Japan and the Polynesian dance community is rather small, BUT the Japanese people are super into learning. I learn from a certified Polynesian dance instructor and everything, so I am glad I have that. My question though, is that when I return to the States in a year, I would like to continue dancing Tahitian dance. How important is it to have long hair, if at all? Right now, I wear a wig to every performance (while it is slightly annoying, it's totally doable and not limiting. I would just like honest thoughts and opinions about this, as I am just now learning about everything:) Thanks in advance!

2 Replies to Opinions about wigs and Polynesian dance?

re: Opinions about wigs and Polynesian dance?
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:33 AM
Its good to have long hair but its not a deal breaker with dancing.. if your hair is short you can wear extensions as long as they blend in with your hair which is totally okay! I am a Polynesian dancer in the states going on my second year also and my hair isn't long at all so I just wear extensions for fetes and stuff!
re: Opinions about wigs and Polynesian dance?
By Vietnamazing Comments: 6, member since Mon Feb 17, 2014
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 05:37 PM
Thanks so much for you quick reply! It's something I was starting to worry about!

ReplySendWatch