Forum: General / General

BATD associate exam
By yorkshiregirl
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 08:42 AM

Hello everyone, I wonder if someone can just help me with a little information. I am taking my BATD freestyle associate exam soon and wondered what to expect. I have a tutor giving me private tuition - she is fantastic but I don't want to bug her by asking too many questions.

I have been learning all about the anatomy and warming up side of things, most of it is drilled into my head but there was so much to learn and I am scared I may forget a question because my head is swimming with all different things I have had to learn. Say if I forget a question, will I get points knocked off/bad marks?

Also does anyone know how much the exam costs? I have it written down somewhere but cannot find it - I don't want to keep bugging them with emails or keep asking my teacher.

I have danced for a long time but never really took much notice of names for certain kicks, floor work etc so I am having trouble drilling this into my head. I am so nervous that I will forget questions or get them mixed up with something else.

Has anyone else on here taken the BATD associate exam and can you tell me what it was like, what sort of questions they may ask me etc. Thank you :O)

5 Replies to BATD associate exam

re: BATD associate exam
By LingScot
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 08:31 PM
Hi, I'm a member of the BATD, but under the highland branch -- so I can't really answer your specific questions about the exam! But, the current fees for associate exams are:

In the United States:
$80 USD (entrance fee) + $180 USD (exam fee) + $130 USD (annual membership fee)

In Canada:
$85 CAD + $195 CAD + $147 CAD

In Great Britain:
£40 GBP + £90 GBP + £68

If you're a full-time student, the annual membership fees are less:
$65 USD
$74 CAD
£34 GBP

As for what kind of questions they'll ask, etc., that is definitely the kind of thing that your tutor should be helping you with! Ask her to give you questions the way that they are likely to be phrased during the exam.

Good luck!
By yorkshiregirl
On Fri Apr 04, 2014 08:55 AM
Thank you LingScot :O) My tutor is really awesome but I know she is very very busy and I do not want to keep bugging her but I will say she is absolutely fantastic and would answer any questions but I just don't want to keep bugging her when she has so much on.

I don't know why I had it in my head that it was going to cost about £300 so I am happy you have answered my question: I can put that extra £100 aside for hall hire once I have passed (fingers crossed)

Thank you once again
By LingScot
On Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:48 PM
Oh, good, glad it was good news! :)

It's good that you don't want to over-burden your tutor with questions. But, during your tutoring sessions, she's presumably going over what you need for the exam; it's definitely ok to verify with her that she's doing it in a way that is similar to the style of the exam itself.
By GracePowell
On Mon Mar 15, 2021 06:06 AM
Ah, this year I will take this exam!
By mainlessseo
On Mon Mar 15, 2021 06:11 AM
I am very interested in how you will take it in quarantine. Now, this is very difficult. To pass my college exams, I had to order services from edubirdie.com . . . resource for students. I didn’t want it to the end, but I don’t have time to prepare for my exams, and all this is for the given training. And what state are you in that you will have an exam? Where else have the restrictions on public events been lifted?

ReplySendWatch