Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Peach State Feis
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 AM

OK, so I know at least two DDN people will be there for novice and PW. I just sent in my payment, and right now I'm the only paid competitor in the advanced beginner dances (with one unpaid for hornpipe :) !) I'm pretty sure some beginners from my school are going, maybe another advanced beginner or two, but I'm not sure because I can't keep track of who all is in which level.

Anyway, who's planning on going? It's May 2-3 in Atlanta.

7 Replies to Peach State Feis

re: Peach State Feis
By sarahrID
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 01:38 PM
Not sure if I'm one of the ones you know about, but I'll be there in PW (reel, slip jig, light jig and treble jig) and Novice (hornpipe). I'm considering doing a trad set - maybe St Patricks day since we've been dancing it in class (there is NO way my Blackbird will be ready!).

Our school has at least 1 4-hand, as well.
By sarahrID
On Sun Apr 06, 2014 09:56 AM
I just paid my registration fees, and am sad to say that I'm the only PW in the light dances and TJ, and the only novice hornpipe so far.

Keeping my fingers crossed that more adults sign up in the next two weeks!
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 07, 2014 09:56 PM
Gann, we are planning to attend. We will be paying our fees closer to the deadline. So, unless I move up a dance in Little Rock, I will be in Adult Novice for all of my dances. It will be great to see y'all again. I am especially excited to see SarahID compete in her new solo dress.

SarahID, you should consider connecting with the Adult PW dancers at Drake. Someof the, stopped competing after Feis ATL 2012, due to low numbers. They would be your current closest competitors. Of course, there are also the dancers we met at Feis Na Tara, from Florida, Last year, K danced at Peach State. She is also an Adult PW, but not local. Her soft shoe is very graceful. Check the scores last year and maybe shoot her an email at her school. As a side note, seriously consider travelling for Nation's Capital and Rhythm of Ireland. Actually, any of the VA/MD feisanna, with Adult competitions, will have strong Adult PW competitors, and numbers.

Just have to drum you up some comeptition in Atlanta. Although M is not too far from PW. She is wonderful and I hope she competes at Peach State.
On Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 PM
I'm not sure if M is planning on competing at this feis or not, but I hope she does too. I agree, she's a great dancer and a great friend, and I know all levels can use as many dancers as they can get!
By sarahrID
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 08:25 AM
Thanks, chevrecheval! I'll see if I can find contact info and try to drum up some PW competitors. I was definitely considering Nation's Capital this year, but my DH and I have a big vacation planned right during that weekend and will be put of the country! I'm hoping that I can go maybe next year. ROI may be a possibility.

And I think M may be out of town for Peach State this year, sadly.
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 17, 2014 07:41 PM
Just paid for our registrations and...
WHOA! Where are the Adult numbers we saw last year?!?

I dropped my slip jig, since I was the only Novice Adult dancer listed. Now, if irishdancer80, or someone else, decides t compete the slip jig. I will switch it back. For now, itis me and sarahID in Novice HP. And we ALL know that her slow speed hornpipe will trump my trad speed hornpipe any day. But, it really is no fun to dance by yourself. And, we should dance together, in our solo dresses. Now THAT will be fun!
On Thu Apr 17, 2014 09:16 PM
I know that M is going to be out of town for sure, so there's one usual novice who won't be there.

On a lighter note, all of the adv. beginner softshoe dances now have 2 paid dancers! Still one unpaid for hornpipe, just me for trad set.

ReplySendWatch