Forum: General / Travel

Travel
Poland Study Abroad
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2550, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 01:20 PM

Hi al!!!

I'm planning a study abroad to Poland and was hoping for advice! Are there any apps you recommend getting for phone for communication? Is it better to just get a cheap phone when I'm over there to call back home?

Any travel books you recommend? If I go, it will be in Warsaw, Krakow, and Przemysl. If the situation there calms down, it will include a trip to Lviv. Anyplace I shouldn't miss while in any of those cities? In the itinerary there are a few planned outings, but we also have some time to explore.

Thanks in advance for all of your help! :)

4 Replies to Poland Study Abroad

re: Poland Study Abroad
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 04:24 PM
I have been to Warsaw and Krakov, but I studied abroad in Italy. Part of the tuituon of my school in Italy included a cheap phone, and what was cool was that you could go to the store and for free get chips for different countries so if your traveling out of Poland so you could still use it. I don't remember what type of phone it was, but I'm sure the study abroad office or the school you are going to can give you advice on that.

As for what you shouldn't miss. The salt mine in Krakov. Sounds weird, but it was absolutely one of the most amazing places I have ever seen. They had full statues carved in salt, as well as a chapel. People actually get married down there.

I was in Poland for a Holocaust tour. And while yes it's sad and depressing, while you're there you should go to some of the camps. I went to Auscwitz and Majdaneck, as well as the ghetto in Warsaw.

I was only in Poland for about a week, but if you have any general study abroad or European travel questions let me know. It has been five years since I studied abroad and 6 since I was in Poland so I'm sure somethings have changed though.
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 07:03 PM
I suggest that you PM someone on this thread: www.dance.net . . .
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 08:37 PM
schuhplattler wrote:

I suggest that you PM someone on this thread: www.dance.net . . .

Most of those people have had no activity on this site in 5+ years. It's a ten year old thread.
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sun Apr 06, 2014 05:31 AM
Sorry, I should have looked more closely instead of just doing a google search.

ReplySendWatch