Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Lucky 7s Feis
By Goldfeis
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:45 PM

Any adult competitors planning on attending the Lucky 7s feis in San Jose in June? I've never feised in Northern CA so I'm wondering what the turnout is likely to be in adults.

6 Replies to Lucky 7s Feis

re: Lucky 7s Feis
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 08, 2014 03:53 PM
Not going. But a good way to gauge attendance is to check the previous year's feis results. If you do not know any of the dancers listed, you can email the school. They will often let you know of any adults attending the feis. Depending on the feis, the feis secretary can also let you know current numbers.

Hope you enjoy the feis. Let us know how it goes
By celticwhim
On Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:28 PM
If you can go to this feis GO! This feis, offered for the first time last year has definitely been one of our favorites! I am so glad they brought it back this year, however, very sad that I will be unable to attend as my son is graduating high school on that Sat. :( We had a blast dancing last year with 5 adults in the Beg categories, and about the same, maybe less in the Nov/Prizewinner category. I know that there will be at least a few adults from my school going that are new so that should up the numbers from last year a little bit. The venue is awesome! We LOVE the DoubleTree hotel, one of the best we've ever stayed at! Wish we were able to go. But hopefully next year!
By monochrome
On Sun May 11, 2014 08:52 PM
I'm doing it, as are a few other adults from my school. We're all in different levels, beginner through PW. I'm not sure how many of us are going, but it's my first coimisiun feis so I'm looking forward to it.
By monochrome
On Thu May 29, 2014 04:35 PM
Just wanted to note that a lot more people have registered for this recently! The late registration deadline is tomorrow, I guess. Adult novice is quite popular - 7 in the reel, 6 in single jig, 5 in light and slip jig. I'm excited but really nervous to do my first CLRG feis.
By celticwhim
On Fri May 30, 2014 08:59 PM
Because adults are dancing on Sunday I will be able to make it after all! I am so happy! We love this feis! I was surprised to see so many Novice entrees since it's usually pretty sparse. Wishing there was a few more in beginner dances so we could all have a chance to move up though. Don't be nervous we adults have a great time and most of us are really friendly and welcome new dancers! Look for me, I'll be in a purple dress with a yellow cape and say hi. :)
By SlipjigSuperhero
On Thu Jun 05, 2014 05:41 PM
I can't make it to this feis because of medical issues but have fun!

ReplySendWatch