Forum: Irish / Irish

Dress shields -- best brand???
By DCinMD
On Wed Apr 09, 2014 07:59 AM

Hi, any suggestions on the best brand of dress shields to buy? Got them from our school's dressmaker in the past but no idea the brand, and I'd like to buy them in bulk or at least a multi-pack. Thanks for your advice!

4 Replies to Dress shields -- best brand???

re: Dress shields -- best brand???
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 09, 2014 02:20 PM
www.kleinerts.com . . .

I use the reusable pin in kind. It's a bit of a pain to repin them each time, but they work well and don't shift or fall out.

I have also used the stick in kind, but did not like them as well, though they worked fine.
By DCinMD
On Fri Apr 11, 2014 06:45 AM
Thanks for the link! How do they hold up after washing? Do you machine or hand wash them? And are the safety pins uncomfortable? My U9 dancer may not like the pins, but I guess we can go with the adhesive kind.
By Bizzygirl
On Fri Apr 11, 2014 07:23 AM
I use the reusable kind from kleinerts as well. I tacked them inside a leotard and my u9 says they are comfortable. I machine was the leo and hang to dry. These shields hold up very well. I have used the sew in kind from Joann's before and they deteriorate much more quickly.
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06 AM
I machine wash and air dry them. The pins are not uncomfortable. I don't even notice them

ReplySendWatch