Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Achievements

Ballet - Achievements
Skipping 2 whole levels/ on my way to a professional career!
By balletgilly3 Comments: 103, member since Fri Nov 29, 2013
On Thu Apr 10, 2014 07:27 PM

Before I tell you about my achievement, let me tell you a little about my background...

I started ballet when I was 13 (I'm 15 now.)At first I just wanted to do it for fun, but then I fell in love with it and couldn't get enough. I moved into the pre-professional division at my studio and was put in a class with 12 year olds. A couple months ago I got on pointe! I have grown more in love with ballet since then. I have the dream of becoming a professional, as hard as that will be.

Ok, so on to my achievement. My parents and I had a meeting with the director of my studio and told her how desperately I would like to catch up to my age group. We told her my dreams of becoming a professional. She told me I had a huge passion and drive, as well as lots of natural ability. She also said I have a good body and that ballet companies might like me because of my talent/beauty!!!! (This was big for me because I don't consider myself beautiful when I look in the mirror.) She agreed to move me up two (maybe even 3) whole levels to be with my age group next semester!!!! This is a huge deal!!!! She knows I will be behind, but I will continue to take extra classes and my teacher will modify the combinations for me to make them a little easier.

I am beyond excited!!! I feel like I am so much closer to my dream!

1 Replies to Skipping 2 whole levels/ on my way to a professional career!

re: Skipping 2 whole levels/ on my way to a professional career!
By balletgilly3 Comments: 103, member since Fri Nov 29, 2013
On Thu Apr 10, 2014 08:07 PM
I forgot to mention, because of my new intense schedule, I will be able to get out of school 2-3 hours early each day!!!!

ReplySendWatch