Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
Should I wear crop tops?
By Alinagomez Comments: 2, member since Thu Mar 27, 2014
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 06:38 AM

Is wearing crop top is okay? tell me
I am talking about these tops showpo.com . . .

9 Replies to Should I wear crop tops?

re: Should I wear crop tops?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 07:41 AM
Do you want to wear one and think it will look good on you?

I know nothing about you other than your one other post you said you were 60 (on the birthday thread). If that is true... probably not. There are other factors but that is all I have to go off of.
By hummingbird Comments: 10418, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 08:51 AM
majere wrote:

I know nothing about you other than your one other post you said you were 60 (on the birthday thread). If that is true... probably not.

Really? What's the sell by date for crop tops?

If wearing a crop top makes you feel good and you have the confidence to pull it off then go for it and good for you for doing it!

www.huffingtonpost.com . . .

This lady's 77 and she looks fantastic in a bikini and a crop top. Some of the older ladies I teach Pilates to would make a lot of 20 year olds look bad in a crop top if they chose to wear them.

Wear what you feel comfortable wearing!
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:54 AM
I only see teenagers wearing them around here. If it is some thing you want to wear, then wear one. No one is going to stop you.
By slice Comments: 1247, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:44 PM
hummingbird wrote:

majere wrote:

I know nothing about you other than your one other post you said you were 60 (on the birthday thread). If that is true... probably not.

Really? What's the sell by date for crop tops?

If wearing a crop top makes you feel good and you have the confidence to pull it off then go for it and good for you for doing it!

www.huffingtonpost.com . . .

This lady's 77 and she looks fantastic in a bikini and a crop top. Some of the older ladies I teach Pilates to would make a lot of 20 year olds look bad in a crop top if they chose to wear them.

Wear what you feel comfortable wearing!

I agree! There's a lot of fit older ladies at the gym I go to who wear crop tops, sports bras, tight pants the whole shebang. And they look great.

There's ways of making a crop top look tasteful (at any age) and stylish. Look up some examples of outfits on Pinterest.

Either way, life is far too short to put age restrictions on how you dress. Now, if there's a dress code at an event or work than that's another story, but if you're just out and about, why not?
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 01:09 PM
Wearing them at the gym is different.

Crop tops don't scream mature adult to me. I don't think crop tops are age appropriate for anyone over 25 (and that's pushing it). Plenty of ways to look fashionable and trendy with out wearing something like that.

If it is something YOU want to wear, nobody will stop you. If you think it would look good and that you would be comfortable, go for it.
By hummingbird Comments: 10418, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 09:36 PM
Edited by hummingbird (128773) on 2014-04-19 21:37:59
majere wrote:

Crop tops don't scream mature adult to me. I don't think crop tops are age appropriate for anyone over 25 (and that's pushing it). Plenty of ways to look fashionable and trendy with out wearing something like that.

I'm not sure if the millions of women in India would agree with you, I think they look amazing wearing their crop tops, that's what you wear with most saris. I don't think you realize how judgmental you sound.
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:32 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2014-04-20 00:22:01
hummingbird wrote:

majere wrote:

I'm not sure if the millions of women in India would agree with you, I think they look amazing wearing their crop tops, that's what you wear with most saris. I don't think you realize how judgmental you sound.

She is not asking about saris. That is a different matter.

EDIT: Going off of the link she has posted, I'm definitely sure she's talking about western culture. Which is why I said what I said. But, I'm done with the conversation now, this silly little argument is not worth my time.

OP - If you think you can rock a crop top, then wear one. Nobody will stop you.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:57 AM
It's always my attitude that you should wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and awesome. Do you feel awesome wearing a crop top? Then go for it. If not, no. I would try some on in a real store rather than online if you're unsure. Even if you still want to purchase online you'll know what kind of crop top fits your style if you've tried different ones on. When you shop wear a pair of bottoms that you would wear with a crop top so you can see how the overall outfit looks when in the dressing room.
re: Should I wear crop tops? (karma: 1)
By slice Comments: 1247, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Sun Apr 20, 2014 04:05 PM
Edited by hummingbird (128773) on 2014-04-20 16:24:18 Just removed this picture so that the rate button is still accessible.
Not for anyone above age 25? Seriously? Lol

I
Image hotlink - 'http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013929/rs_634x1024-131029094912-634.gwyneth-paltrow-conversation-lsl102913.jpg'

can definitely
Image hotlink - 'http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1136343/thumbs/o-DIANE-KRUGER-CROP-TOP-570.jpg?1'

say that I don't
Image hotlink - 'http://api.ning.com/files/uhxucau8k1aI-5DT6CUnCW52eFUvs6R3OB*j9PtXK-7wadLSDsLSNDfgaR1M0hV0Tzc5PddLbQ8mNK3HmWjjVafOJtj0uiZc/SadeLive1.jpg'
(age 51^^^)

agree with you
Image hotlink - 'http://www.blogcdn.com/www.stylelist.com/media/2013/09/carrie-bradshaw.png'

Not to mention, you can totally wear a crop top without bearing any skin...
Image hotlink - 'http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/02/article-2550650-1B00A57700000578-3_308x580.jpg'
(not the most stylish example I could find, but you get the point; high-waisted anything will take away from the 'shock' value, if people can even still be shocked by clothing these days :P)

Personal style stops the second you start worrying about false limitations of what people your age "should be wearing"*. Like virtually any piece of clothing, crop tops vary so much in length, fit, fabric, cut that there's undoubtably a way that someone of any age could find one to wear that fits their personal style and doesn't seem like they're trying too hard. Really it's all about what you're comfortable with. You might want to start of with a top that's more basic (like some of the black ones above) and branch out if/when you want to be more daring. Definitely try on in store first as Brittany recommended; it's hard to predict how something like that is going to fit w/o seeing it on your body.

Here's an article I found about wearing crop tops in your 40's (and beyond): www.notdressedaslamb.com . . .

*Again, exclusions such as dress codes are reasonable, but going out on your own time? Pshhhhh

ReplySendWatch