Forum: Ballet / Ballet Videos

Ballet Videos
Hardest Ballet Moves Video
By nycsylphmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2090, member since Sun Jan 11, 2009
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:40 AM
Edited by nycsylph (206174) on 2014-04-19 11:42:13 Embedding wouldn't work
Edited by nycsylph (206174) on 2014-04-19 11:42:50

So I came across this video and love the slow motion. It features Washington Ballet dancers and really shows the amazing grace, power, coordination, artistry and athleticism that goes into making a ballet dancer.

I also love the understatements. Like, "to do this you need strong abs." Yeah, I would say so! Along with tons of the qualities listed above!

Any moves you think should be added, please post.

Oh, and why oh why did they film Kitri's Grande Jete from the front? And another understatement, "Not everyone can do it!" :P

youtu.be . . .

3 Replies to Hardest Ballet Moves Video

re: Hardest Ballet Moves Video
By Storm_Trouper Comments: 808, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Mon Apr 21, 2014 09:05 PM
Like.
Thanks for posting the lonk :)
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 PM
Thanks for posting this. I love slow-motion photography, especially because I don't "see very fast". When I was renting a bunch of Finis Jhung training videos from KineticFlix.com I especially liked the fact that he often used slow motion to point out how the demonstrator was doing things correctly. "You see how his eyes are spotting the..." "You see how she is deepening the plie in preparation for..." "You see how she is using her...etc." And yes, I could see it, whereas at full speed it would all be just a blur.
By Melpomene Comments: 1230, member since Sun Jan 30, 2011
On Sun May 04, 2014 09:00 AM
Pretty cool! Always reassuring when even the professionals struggle or acknowledge some of the trickier moves. So don't feel so alone =b

On a personal level...mmm, probably would add travelling fouettes. I assume that arabesque turns for the Jumping Girl Paquita variation would be hard to do effortlessly, have yet to try it to see for myself though. And holding a high develope on pointe (Especially on my left side). I know many dancers can do it super easily, but it still tricky for me! Lot's of effort and preperation for me. I can flin it up there just fine, but holding it...oi!

ReplySendWatch