Forum: Irish / Irish - MAIDs

Irish - MAIDs
New member Needs help
By mmkjt Comments: 22, member since Sat Apr 09, 2011
On Sun Apr 27, 2014 07:00 PM

I have been a member on and off for a couple of years now. I ave neve been able to figure out how to use this site.
This si the first time i have found a place where I am allowed to post a comment.
Suggestions?
mmkjt

5 Replies to New member Needs help

re: New member Needs help
By LingScot Comments: 1036, member since Sat Apr 09, 2005
On Sun Apr 27, 2014 09:21 PM
Near the top of the website, you should see links for things like "main," "hot!," "general," etc. If you click on any of those, you are taken to a page that has links to individual threads (discussions) about specific topics that all fall under that general category. E.g., if you click on "irish," all the threads will be related to Irish dancing. In order to post something, you need to be on a specific "board," which is a sub-category of the main topics. E.g., under the main topic "irish" (if you hover over the label instead of clicking it), you can see all the boards, such as "Irish Dancewear," "Irish," "Irish - Achievements," etc. If you click on one of these, you'll get only the threads related to that board (whereas if you clicked on the main label "irish," you'd get all the threads from all the boards). In order to post something, you need to be on a board. So, to get this posted, you must have clicked on "Irish - MAIDs" and then clicked the "Post" button near the top of the board. If you go up to the "members" topic, you can see other information that might be helpful.

Also: this particular board is restricted to "MAIDs" (technically, "Mothers Addicted to Irish Dancing," but really for any parent/guardian. Thus, it's not an appropriate place to post this question (and I'm not technically allowed to reply, as I don't fall into that category). Therefore, I'm going to hit the "MOD" button at the bottom of this post, which will flag it as being something that the website moderators will look into. They will probably move it to a more appropriate board, such as "general / Tell dance.net" or something like that. You'll probably get a message from them letting you know that this has happened.
On Tue Apr 29, 2014 01:24 PM
Thank you. I too am a MAID and have been trying to figure out how to post my daughters latest dance dress for sale! I can never figure it out so I read and then I go away! So actually your response to me does fall the correct category ( I think!) We just returned from London!
I came home with the "new" dress and need to sell the "other new" dress!!
Thank for your help!
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Tue Apr 29, 2014 02:10 PM
I think you need to have posted 20 comments on DDN before you can make a post with photos attached, which is what you'd want for selling a dress. I see you have 7 comments so far, so just read various threads on here and try to add useful replies. You'll be at 20 in no time.

Then go to the Irish tab, find For Sale in the drop box, and click on Dresses & Costumes. When you get to that page, click on Post near the top of the page. A text box opens, you can put in all your information about the dress and you can upload photos. Don't post it until all your photos are in place as you can't go back and add more to your original post. If you want to add photos later you'd have to put them in as a reply to your original post. I hope this helps.
On Sun May 04, 2014 02:48 PM
Thank you! You have been most helpful. I am still working in my 20 posts!!
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun May 04, 2014 03:23 PM
You don't need 20 posts to make an advert and put a photo in the advert.

You just need to go to the Irish tab, click on the costumes for sale, dresses and costumes from the drop down menu and post your advert.

ReplySendWatch