Forum: Irish / Irish

heavy shoes support?
By mmkjt
On Tue Apr 29, 2014 01:15 PM

I don't see many dancers using leather soled heavies. Do you feel the grey ir black soles give enough ankle support?

1 Replies to heavy shoes support?

re: heavy shoes support?
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 01, 2014 09:28 AM
I wear the tanned soled heavies and find that they give much more support for toe stands and last considerably longer than the black suede soles do. They are hell to break in but once you get them to bend they are very sturdy and supportive shoes. My current pair of Rutherford Tan soles are 2 years old and still less bendy than some people have their black suede soles! I've retired them now because the sole is wearing out and they have no tips left at all but they probably still have more life in them.

I always found that the black suede soles became very flimsy quite quickly. They break in very fast and give the illusion of what some people term a "taco toe" because over time because the shoe over-bends on the blocks it seems. So it looks like the dancer is not right on the blocks like a Ballet Dancer in pointe shoes is, the shoe is bent over and the ankles are further back.

It does surprise me that people seem to go for the quickest break in option possible with some of these shoes that claim to already be broken in out of the box. I just don't see how they can offer adequate support for toe stands. It makes me cringe that some people supposedly add tips to boys reel shoes. That really can't be good for your feet!

ReplySendWatch