Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
Insecure about my toe in sandles.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Fri May 02, 2014 01:37 PM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2014-05-02 13:39:24

I wanted your HONEST opinion about my foot, I am quite insecure of my second toe because it is longer and it hangs over the shoe.
My left foot actually doesn't have the problem with the second toe being longer, just my right.
If I go a next size up, my whole foot falls forward and I slide out of the shoe, I've tried many different sizes of shoes, and I even tried to custom order narrow shoes. Closed toe pumps bruise my second toenail, because my arches fall, and my feet jam into the bottom of shoe. I've tried numerous things inside my shoes, padding etc, I even went to a foot doctor.

I have to get custom ordered pointe shoes because my feet are so narrow. Another thing is that I have very flexible and compressible feet, so I am a size 8 when sitting and because a size 9.5 when putting weight on my feet, Needless to say, I have such a hard time looking for heels.

So here is the issue, I finally found a pair of heels that work with my feet...but I think my second toe looks weird in it. I am not sure if I am just being insecure or if you guys see it too, HONEST opinions about the shoes please. Toss or keep?

10 Replies to Insecure about my toe in sandles.

re: Insecure about my toe in sandles.
By Teamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1321, member since Mon Apr 14, 2008
On Fri May 02, 2014 02:58 PM
While I see what you're talking about because you pointed it out, I think the average person is not going to notice. You're sensitive and self-conscious about it so of course you're going to pick it out. It's one of those things, though, that I think no one else is going to see. How often do you really focus on other peoples' toes?
By saaammiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 440, member since Thu Apr 01, 2010
On Fri May 02, 2014 03:22 PM
I PROMISE you that NO ONE is going to notice that, unless you point it out. People simply don't go and study each other's feet that closely. :)
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Fri May 02, 2014 05:01 PM
Not going to lie, I do notice people's feet but that's only because I love shoes! I notice everyone's shoes but not so much their feet. So honestly I wouldn't even pay attention to your toe unless it was brought up in conversation.

I do like those sandals by the way, they look so perfect for summer.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri May 02, 2014 06:12 PM
I noticed your 2nd toe right away because you posted a picture specifically of your feet. I would never ever ever notice your toe if we were hanging out because I just don't look at that. I would notice the shoes, or even your nail polish before I focused on your toe.

I get that you are self conscious, we all have something we are hyper sensitive about and that is okay, but 9 times out of 10 nobody else notices that flaw and I guarantee all 10 think it is no big deal. But what a crazy time you must have trying to find shoes! Shoe shopping is hard enough with all these challenges.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Sun May 04, 2014 03:36 PM
My second toe on both feet are freakishly longer than my big toes. I used to be really self conscious abojt it... Until I realized how common it was, and how koine ever noticed until I pointed it out.

All feet are ugly. They're in the same bag as elbows and knees. Plus, I noticed the style of your sandals before your feet!
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Sun May 04, 2014 03:55 PM
I don't think it's something people would notice but I will say that bright nail polish does probably draw some attention to it so you might try nudes or lighter pink polishes if you think that would help.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Sun May 04, 2014 04:44 PM
About 10% of the population has Morton's toe (longer 2nd toe). You're in good company.
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Sun May 04, 2014 07:59 PM
My second toes are longer than my big toes, too...but I don't have any toenails, so I'm extra weird about showing my feet. I'd say that you have nothing to worry about. Unless you point it out very few people will notice this "flaw." It's no biggie. :)
By ballet4beth Comments: 12, member since Fri Jul 26, 2013
On Tue Jun 24, 2014 06:40 AM
isn't a longer second toe a sign of beauty or something?
Not sure about that but my second toes are longer too and I don't really spend much time worrying about it. Your feet look nice, just keep the nail polish cute and show them off!
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3478, member since Sun Sep 28, 2003
On Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:37 PM
Looks good to me!

I guess the only thing might be- does your toe hang off so much that it would accidentally touch hot pavement while walking? If not then you have no worries my dear!

Step on out with those twinkle toes!

ReplySendWatch