Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Adult Mid America Feis Question
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 04, 2014 03:30 PM

What is the dress code/dress standard for Mid America Adult level Feisanna? I would like to attend, dress appropriately. We do know to take all sparkles and flowers out of our daughter's dance bags. At the Peach State feis this weekend, two Adults were wearing solo dresses. (SarahID looked AMAZING in her new dress. It made her dancing look even better!).

So, what are all the Mid America Adult ladies wearing to feis?

6 Replies to Adult Mid America Feis Question

re: Adult Mid America Feis Question
By DayOver30member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 04, 2014 06:31 PM
I am super-excited to finally have a school dress, which I wear with a bun wig. It's essentially the same as the school's beginner/advanced beginner costume, only with tights instead of socks. A lot of Mid-America adult dancers wear school dresses, many wear natural hair, but some wear bun wigs, and I have seen a couple of full wigs, but it is not as common. Many of the school dresses have black, blue, or green (darker colors) as the main colors, but there are a few ladies who wear solo dresses. The solo dresses are usually worn with tights, though. It's been a couple of years since I've seen socks worn in the adult competition. Now this is based mainly on observances in the Ohio area of Mid-America, so other Mid-America adults may have additional input. We look forward to welcoming other regions' dancers to Mid-America!
On Sun May 04, 2014 07:31 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. So, my jumper and blouse should be fine. Bun wig and headband for my hair. Black tights are part of my feis uniform, too. Looking forward to the Queen City Feis this weekend. The numbers look great too!
By Cinnawiz
On Mon May 05, 2014 09:51 AM
Most all of the PW adults I dance with wear solos... The rest wear school dresses. And DayOver30 is right - they are mostly dark colours.

For me, I depends on what solo I feel like wearing. I have a blue and white one that I wear with socks. And I have a black and blue one that I wear with tights. I wear both with a full wig.

So, I've seen a mix of socks and tights, but mostly tights. Welcome to the Mid-America and hope to see you soon! :D
On Mon May 05, 2014 04:05 PM
Cinnawiz, will you be at Queen City?

My TCRG wants me to wear my team costume for this feis, and possibly the Louisville Feis. My solo dress has been tailored better to me and fitted with a longer skirt. My TCRG thinks it may work against me in the Mid Maerica region, considering the new costume ruling for younger dancers. Better not to take any chances. Now, if all my dances were in PW, I would wear it and not worry about it. Since I am working to move up my soft shoe dances, I am going to playit safe on the costume side. :). I am looking forward to meeting other talented and amazing Adult dancers in the Mid America region!
By Cinnawiz
On Wed May 07, 2014 09:40 AM
Unfortunately no. I won't be doing much feising this summer as we're getting ready to move.

I think I may be limited to just Great Lakes in August. But even that's up in the air right now.

:?
By KiraDancesIrishmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 09, 2014 07:43 AM
I wear a solo,socks and a wig. As you can see in my pic, my dress is both dark and light :) unfortunately I'm out for an indefinitely amount of time recovering from foot surgery! But I usually feis in the Ohio and Southern Ohio (well really the whole region) area :)

ReplySendWatch