Forum: Advice / Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself
help! I don't want to quit dance!
By balley123 Comments: 1, member since Mon May 05, 2014
On Mon May 05, 2014 02:58 PM
Edited by balley123 (266688) on 2014-05-05 15:01:05 sorry i realise now my post is under the wron category

I have been dancing since the age of 4. I love it. I had a real talent for it. All through my childhood myself and my friend was always put into classes for older ages. We ahowed huge potential and there were great expectations for us. At about age 15 I decided I did not want to persue a career in dancing. I kept it up as a hobby. However I have quite big exams next year so I won't have time for my ballet class. It is now I am realising how much of a passion I have for dance. I break down in tears when i think of not dancing anymore. But I haven't trained like 'religiously' for about 2 or 3 yrs. Now its Just about 3 hours a week. I would love to have a career in perhaps physiotherapy and on the side be a ballet/dance teacher. Do you think this is possible/realistic?

2 Replies to help! I don't want to quit dance!

re: help! I don't want to quit dance!
By UnderwaterBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2378, member since Mon Jun 09, 2003
On Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 PM
I'm a physiotherapist and I dance a couple of hours a week on the side :) it's definitely possible! I also got into physiotherapy because of dance and I now work with a lot of dancers and have had amazing opportunities in relation to the ballet world (my favourite style) because of my physiotherapy - doing placements with the Aussie Ballet & school and getting to watch rehearsals etc. There is so much room for the dance world as a physiotherapist! Also, I'm not sure where you're from but in Australia it is absolutely possible to completely set your own hours if you work in private practice allowing you to schedule around teaching hours.
re: help! I don't want to quit dance!
By wannabe1 Comments: 24, member since Mon May 26, 2014
On Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:41 AM
Yes it is possible. We all need anything that we enjoy from release from the stress of studying. As long as you gave right balance you will be fine.

ReplySendWatch