Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
Bras for wideset breasts. Push IN bra.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed May 07, 2014 08:58 AM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2014-05-07 09:01:16

I have been doing a lot of research for bra that have padding on the sides of the cup. I can almost fit my whole hand between my breasts because they are spaced apart. I also have bottom/outside heavy boobs.

All the push up bras have padding on the bottom, and I can't find any with side padding that I can try on in person. I am located in the USA.

I can fit anywhere from a 28 DD to a 32 B, but a 30 DD seems to be the most comfortable for me.

Which stores carry push IN bras vs push UP bras?

6 Replies to Bras for wideset breasts. Push IN bra.

re: Bras for wideset breasts. Push IN bra.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed May 07, 2014 09:10 AM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2014-05-07 09:13:12
Didn't want boobs to be the photo of this thread, so I am posting it here hahah

My breast look like the one in the far right. Here is a dress very similar to what I am going to be wearing. ( it was picked out by my coach, and it looks great in me except the chest area) The woman in the photo has a similar body shape to mine, and we both have similar bone structure in the collarbones and the sternum.
I have very slim framed collar bones like her, but a pronounced sternum....so I need my breasts to be inwards to "block" my chest from looking weird and boney. I've always looked boney because my breast are sooooo far apart.

I asked her what she did to make her chest look like that, and I tried her tricks of the trade but my breast just won't lay like that, I tried ducktape, makeup, push up bras etc. A push in bra was suggested, which is why I am hoping someone on DDN knows where to get push in bras or if they even exist!
By lux Comments: 1178, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Thu May 08, 2014 06:35 AM
I feel your pain, I've got widely spaced boobs too. I think I actually believed everyone did until a couple of years back!

Have you tried a U-plunge brad? Something like this:
www.shopbop.com . . .
only preferably with a bit more structure. I find they really push my boobs together (or did, back when I was a D cup... I'm pretty sure F-cup plunge bras aren't a thing!)

Alternatively, is it possibly to alter the straps to your dress so they cross over in the back, or form a halter neck? Crossover and halter neck bras will naturally pull your breasts closer together.

If all else fails, find a lingerie store you trust (I can't help you there as I'm in Aus), grab a sales assistant, and describe to her exactly what you need. Honestly, you've probably got a much better chance if you can get someone to fit you in real life, rather than taking a guess and shopping online.

Let us know how you go!
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Thu May 08, 2014 06:57 AM
I own a VS push up bra that also has padding on the sides. Maybe just see what your local VS location has?
By LizDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1140, member since Fri Jan 06, 2006
On Thu May 08, 2014 08:17 AM
I feel your pain too! I also have wide-set breasts. They're fairly small too, so that doesn't help. I actually think they're not as small as they look (I can wear a 32C) but the fact that I can never achieve any kind of cleavage just makes them look a lot smaller. I'd love to find some push-in bras myself!

I do have one bra that has a bit of that effect. I bought it from True&Co, that free at-home try-on service. It may not be enough for the kind of cleavage you're going for, but here's the link: trueandco.com . . .
re: Bras for wideset breasts. Push IN bra. (karma: 1)
By HollieErin Comments: 3422, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Fri May 09, 2014 12:15 PM
Look for bras that have a middle front closure those will usually 'jack 'em up to Jesus' Also a make sure that you are doing a good ol lift and tuck after you put your bra on to make sure that they are properly nestled in the cups.
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Fri May 09, 2014 01:33 PM
Victoria's Secret had a "click bra" that you could click the center position of the cups more inward - there were like three settings, the last setting being with the cups practically touching. If you're any good with needle and thread, you might be able to take a standard bra that fits, cut away the connecting piece between the cups and just sew the cups together.

ReplySendWatch