Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
Semi-formal evening wedding what to wear?
By lorna_doonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1532, member since Tue Sep 12, 2006
On Wed May 07, 2014 02:12 PM

Hi- my husband and I are attending a wedding in a few weeks in Minnesota. It's held on a Saturday evening outside (on natural ground, so no heels). The invite (and the bride's sister) says it is semi-formal.

I wore this dress to semi- formal wedding last Summer with the same start time except the reception was on a dance floor, not outdoor ground.

There will be dancing at this wedding so I wasn't sure if I should go with something shorter...although my hubby isn't much of a dancer, so I'm not even sure how much dancing the two of us will do anyway :P

Oh, weather is around 70 during the day and gets cooler at night.

Also...what about my husband? Martha Stewart says a dark suit is a must in the evening, but he wore this (in the photo) at the wedding last summer and seemed to get away with it. :P

What's your advice? :)

1 Replies to Semi-formal evening wedding what to wear?

re: Semi-formal evening wedding what to wear?
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Sat May 10, 2014 10:01 PM
Semi formal to me is anywhere in length from below your knees to your ankles. You could get away with a mid length dress for sure. Long dresses outdoors are just asking to get dirt all over them!

In regard to suits , you could get away with the lighter suit if you were to wear a tie.

ReplySendWatch