Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Adult Dancers

Adult Classes- Joffrey Chicago
By i_dance18
On Fri May 09, 2014 07:13 PM

Does anyone on here take adult classes at the Joffrey school in Chicago? I am thinking about taking classes there this fall while I am in college, and I want to know more about them.

3 Replies to Adult Classes- Joffrey Chicago

re: Adult Classes- Joffrey Chicago
By SilverGreyDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 11, 2014 11:51 AM
I took some of the open classes during the Thanksgiving break last year. taught at a n intermediate level. A few general corrections to the group but no individual correction.About a dozen to16 in the classes I suppose more during the regular non holiday time. I would take a class there again but for the purpose of maintaining my level in class not really for improvement and instruction. Perhaps I wasn't there long enough to get a full experience. Their adult program is supposed to be pretty good.
By Jackie_dennis
On Mon Jun 30, 2014 02:22 PM
I have occasionally taken classes at Joffrey Chicago. They have discounted prices for students, $12 per class with college ID. They have a limited number of open classes during the week. You can check out their schedule at joffrey.org . . .

Personally, I like to take classes at Lou Conte or Visceral Dance when I am downtown. They have a lot more options to choose from with an interactive staff. However, these places are $15 per class, but it is definitely worth it.
By Elindranythmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 01, 2014 06:18 PM
While I don't know about Joffrey, I can echo that Visceral is good. One of my teachers out in the suburbs substitutes there on occasion and I've gone for a few other classes on her recommendation and I loved them. If it weren't so long for me to drive there I'd definitely go more often.

ReplySendWatch