Forum: Irish / Irish

Hanging leaps choreography
By Festivaldancer1
On Thu May 15, 2014 09:50 AM

Ive recently mastered my hanging leaps as isolated steps, but now I'm wondering how I should lead into them and out of them in a dance, ie can you give me some examples of strips you do before and after a hanging leap?

1 Replies to Hanging leaps choreography

re: Hanging leaps choreography
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 15, 2014 01:35 PM
Edited by IrishLizzy (101326) on 2014-05-15 13:36:51
Push 1 2 step - push off of both feet step forward on the right, then step on the back foot (left), step again on the right and then bring the left foot forward for the jump. *This can also be done with a push cut at the beginning.

1 2 switch switch - step on the right, step on the left, switch legs quickly with the right in front going behind then do it again but this time with the left in front and going behind then lift up the right leg to go into the jump.

Switch 1 2 3 - Lifting up your right foot switch to bring the left in front step on the left foot step on the back (right) foot then step on the left again and then lift up the right foot from the back for the jump.

Cut 1 2 switch step - Cut with the right, step on the right, step behind on the left, lift up the right leg to switch and bring the left foot forward, step on the left, now bring the right leg forward for the jump.

Finish the jump with a 2 3, and then you can do whatever you like after - turns, foot work, more moving pieces into another jump, etc.

:)

ReplySendWatch