Forum: Adults / 20 Something

opportunity to take class... very conflicted...
By rpgdancer
On Tue May 27, 2014 10:36 PM

my previous post was old so it won't let me use it. here's the link if you want background. www.dance.net . . .

...so the wedding is over but my body is still the same size. I have the ability to attend a ballet class for adults at the civic ballet on Thursday night, but am very nervous! I have not danced in two years. I have a different center of gravity now that I've gained the weight and I'm afraid of falling on my behind and embarrassing myself. I'm also desperately afraid of being the heaviest student in the room.

i'm so conflicted! i want to go take dance class again but I don't know if the civic ballet is the right place for me to have my "re-joining the dance community experience"...

1 Replies to opportunity to take class... very conflicted...

re: opportunity to take class... very conflicted...
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 PM
Go for it! This might or might not be the right place for you but you'll never know if you don't try it. Don't worry about embarrassing yourself. You will be welcomed as a "trying-it-out" visitor and if it turns out to be way too far above your present capability you can get advice from the teacher and other participants about local places which would be more appropriate.

ReplySendWatch