Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Can BLOCH (e.g. Jetstream, Triomphe) & SANSHA Récital shanks be cut to 3/4?
By cara7
On Tue Jun 03, 2014 05:22 AM

Hi! With some brands the inner shank layers are accessible (like with Russian Pointes, see photo) and it's possible to cut the shank to 3/4... is that also possible with SANSHA & BLOCH Jetstream? With some brands the layers are stitched or glued together so strongly that it can't be done at home... that's why I ask! MANY THANKS!

2 Replies to Can BLOCH (e.g. Jetstream, Triomphe) & SANSHA Récital shanks be cut to 3/4?

re: Can BLOCH (e.g. Jetstream, Triomphe) & SANSHA Récital shanks be cut to 3/4?
By Tishwah
On Tue Jun 03, 2014 07:19 AM
While I haven't specifically worn the Jetstream, I have 3/4ed all of my Bloch point shoes and found it quite easy to do.
re: Can BLOCH (e.g. Jetstream, Triomphe) & SANSHA R�©cital shanks be cut to 3/4?
By ballerina_bella1
On Fri Jun 06, 2014 09:18 AM
Edited by ballerina_bella1 (267529) on 2014-06-06 09:19:09
yeah, I wear blochs, and I like to 3/4 them for shows, and keep them hard for class so I can work through my feet. What I do to 3/4 them(this sounds dangerous, I know... you don't have to do it.) I rip out the entire shank, nails and all, find out where on the shank my arch line is, cut the part all the way above the arch line off, jet glue the shank back in, and re-nail the shoe twice on each shoe with new nails. Takes a while, haha, do it on a saturday!

ReplySendWatch