Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Relieving pain after pointe class?
By Dandeliondaisy
On Tue Jun 03, 2014 06:06 PM

Yesterday was the first day of my studio's summer intensive, and it was variations week. (I've had a 2 week break) I had an hour pointe class and a 75 minute variation class, and when I went home, my feet were in so much pain.

Today we had the same thing, and my toes hurt even in the warm-up and I could barely releve. I soaked my feet in ice water last night, but it was my toenails that caused the most pain. They don't look bruised, but it feels like they are. It was also weird because this is not the longest time period I've had pointe shoes on, but it was the most painful aftermath I've ever had. I had brand new pointe shoes I had never tried before, and I think that was part of the reason.

What are your "tricks of the trade" to relieve pain and help your feet? I have the same amount tomorrow and Thursday , so I can't take a day off.

1 Replies to Relieving pain after pointe class?

re: Relieving pain after pointe class?
By hummingbird
On Tue Jun 03, 2014 07:58 PM
Arnica Ointment, it's a homeopathic remedy for relieving bruises and Epsom Salts in warm water.

First make a warm foot bath with the Epsom Salts in it and after a good long soak rub on the Arnica Ointment with a gentle massaging movement to help bring out any bruising there is. This was my regular treatment whilst I was a student during the first couple of weeks in September until my feet got used to being mashed around in pointe shoes again :)

ReplySendWatch