Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

First Oireachtas!
By SlipjigSuperhero
On Thu Jun 05, 2014 05:45 PM

According to my teacher, this coming Oireachtas will be the first time the Western Region will have adult traditional sets. I might also be doing ceili too depending on whether or not we can get a regular team together. My teacher is encouraging everyone to enter and I'm excited!

What was your first Oireachtas like? What should I expect? Is anyone going to the Western Regionals this year?

3 Replies to First Oireachtas!

re: First Oireachtas!
By Mariana95
On Thu Jun 05, 2014 08:25 PM
My first Oireachtas was so much fun! I did teams my first time, but also traditional sets. Try not to focus so strictly on the competition, but enjoy the experience and have fun! If you enjoy yourself, you will perform 100x better. Good luck and have fun :)
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 05, 2014 08:36 PM
Yay! I went to the Mid-Atlantic Oireachtas last year for adult sets. I've also been a few times in the past for 4-hands. It's a bigger stage, but my advice is just try to think of it as another feis. It's easy to stress yourself out, but really, that's all it is, a feis with more people (there were 60 at the MAO)!
It's a great experience and I wish you all the best.
By Mariel4444
On Fri Jun 06, 2014 07:36 AM
Oh wow, I hadn't heard that about the Western Region, how exciting. What set are you going to do?

ReplySendWatch