Forum: Adults / 20 Something

How to meet people abroad
By saaammiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 07, 2014 01:47 PM

I'll be spending the summer in Germany, working. The firm I'll be working for is very small and I don't know whether anyone there will be my age so I'm really worried about not having any social life at all this summer.

Basically, I need advice how to meet people my age, or if that doesn't work, things I can do.

I'm already planning on a German course in the evenings, and have a goal to be able to run 10K before September. I also know a few people from my school will be in the same city with me, but they're not the kind of people I usually spend a lot of time with.

I have been looking for dance classes, but because I'm such a beginner, there might not be any at my level during the summer.

Help please? :)

3 Replies to How to meet people abroad

re: How to meet people abroad
By Hrynmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 07, 2014 07:35 PM
I love looking at couchsurfing.org because they list a lot of fun activities and meetups in different communities, as well as people who are eager to show newbies around. It's a good place to start meeting people who are enthusiastic about meeting new (especially foreign) friends!
By saaammiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:53 AM
Oh, that's a great idea, I would never have thought of that!
By lapikiorejuda
On Sat Jun 21, 2014 08:43 AM
I second Couch Surfing! I used it when I went to London on my own in 2010 and I met some really cool people I'm still in touch with. I think the webpage has changed somewhat, though. Do check it out :)

I've also heard of another page called InterNations, which also organizes meetings and events in different countries.

ReplySendWatch